Chapter 24 - 1.24 First Small Star [Extra 2] - Horror Tale XI

Start from the beginning

Despite his frail figure and covered in blood, this human looks extremely beautiful. So beautiful that this Demon God wanted to kill him, make him less beautiful, taint him and make it so he could become hated by the whole world. He did as his instinct told him. After killing off the 5 cultivators, the Demon God attacked Xue Jing wanting to taint him with demon qi, to make him lose control.

Who would have thought that this beautiful person is so decisive that he used his own vessel as the core of a formation that would double his chains and put him in deep slumber? Once the Demon God was hit with extreme sleepiness, the last thing he heard was that beautiful man's voice.

'I cannot reincarnate until he picks me up. But I couldn't let you eat my soul as well. I can only put you to slumber until then. Don't worry, I will stay here with you until my husband picks me up. That way it wouldn't be too lonely for you.'

Before the Demon God was put to sleep those were the words he heard.

'Ah~ there's no way you would stay as you said.' is what the Demon God had responded to.

In his moment of sleep, his subordinates tried their best to wake him up. The only way to wake him up is through blood sacrifice. Of course, there is no way that human cultivators would allow them. It took hundreds of years until the Demon God noticed the weakening of that man's control over the formation he put on him. Clearly, the man's soul is weakening.

The last time he saw him was 3 to 5 years ago when one of his subordinates successfully got summoned by playful children calling on a minor devil. One of the children got possessed and his subordinate successfully hunted enough humans as a sacrifice. He woke up for that one night.

At the moment he woke up, the first time he did was to look for that human's soul. He is surprised to see that he is really waiting for his husband to come to him. He had gotten so angry for no reason and taunted the guys that the person whom he was waiting for would not come.

They fought with words for nights until Xue Jing got fed up with him and once again put him to sleep. But this time his sleep is not complete. Only his body is asleep but he could move his soul as long there is a medium. The most compatible medium he possessed is a pen, he was called Pen Fairy every time he was summoned.

Every time he gets summoned the first thing he checks is whether Xue Jing is still there. And every time he found him waiting in that cursed land which he isolated from the real world. Then in my mind, I always call him a fool. A blind in love moron who kept waiting for someone who would never come.

They've spent countless hundreds of years that way. The Demon God didn't really expect that his subordinate would successfully awaken him this time. The first thing that comes to his mind is that something must have happened to Xue Jing.

Demon God Shen Jue spoke, "Where's Xue Jing?"

The beings around him clamored in confusion. No one really knows the Ghost King's name like the Demon God does.

"The Ghost King. Where is he?" asked Demon God Shen Jue.

It was at that time that someone had answered his question.

"Our Lord, the Ghost King had been hiding few humans before that Celestial Master had arrived. When that Celestial Master appeared, he started purifying the beings that bump into him."

"We saw that Celestial Master going towards the Ghost King's territory. He might be here to purify the Ghost King!"

Hearing this, Demon God Shen Jue could help but run over to where Xue Jing is. Xue Jing is his companion that had accompanied him for hundreds of years, though lately, his memories had gotten blurry due to time that he sometimes no longer remembers who he was and what he is. What worries him the most is that the demonic qi in this cursed land might have tainted his soul causing him to become a madman like how he did before.