Chapter 23 - 1.23 First Small Star [Extra 2] - Horror Tale X

Start from the beginning

Xue Jing was planning on hiding these three here until morning arrived. Once the sun had risen, those ghosts, evil spirits, and that Demon would once again go to sleep. He only needs them to stay here for a few more hours to keep them safe. The three could vaguely see his plans and choose to believe him.

The moment Lin Xia and the other three had entered the place, instantly destroyed the domain Xue Jing had made. The Ancient looking room had twirled like an illusion disappearing like a cloud of smoke.

Now what is in front of them is nothing but a ruined library with dusty bookshelves full of yellow-colored page books, destroyed tables, and chairs. There are even webs at every corner of the room. The space turned dark at that moment.

Xue Jing closed his opened paper fan with a sound, and suddenly the lights inside the library flickered. This is obviously a supernatural event. Xue Luli, Fu Lian, and Ye Lou stood up while on guard upon seeing the handsome man before him who seems to be in his mid-twenties. Looking a few years older than the Xue Jing before them. The two both possess a beauty that is out of this world but gives a different feeling.

If Xue Jing is like a blooming poisonous poppy flower that seduces others unconsciously by its beauty despite its venomous characteristics then this man before them emits coldness and aloofness. Like an emotionless person who radiates abstinence and an ascetic aura who is unapproachable by anyone. They both contrast each other's personalities but for some reason, they both look together.

Fu Lian and Ye Lou stood in front of Xue Luli while the lady hid Xue Jing behind her. But despite their efforts, the difference in height couldn't completely hide Xue Jing as he is taller than any of the three of them. These three were still students while Xue Jing is an adult man.

His physique has been one of the greatest in his time. Only his husband who possesses a greater physique could tower him easily. Yes, like how Lin Xia would easily pass his height with a half ahead.

Ye Lou asked, "Who are you!?"

"How did you enter?" asked Fu Lian while frowning. He is giving Lin Xia a warning gaze.

The other three students standing behind Lin Xia had recognized them.

"President! Vice President!"

"You are still alive!"

"Hih! It's that ghost. It is really that ghost!!"

The three students reacted differently upon seeing Xue Luli and the rest.

In spite of the commotion made by the children, Lin Xia's eyes never left Xue Jing's being the moment he entered the room. As soon as he steps inside the door he pinpoints the source of that ghost qi that dares to block him.

This leads him to this ghost who emits strong grey qi but what surprises Lin Xia that instead of dark grey colored qi, this ghost king's qi is instead silvery with hints of gold.

This can only mean that this ghost king before he dies is a man full of good karma. A good person who is righteous and kind. His soul emits gold means that this ghost had never harmed any humans after his death and his merits were being built up slowly.

If not for the barrier he erected in this place this ghost king would be welcomed unhindered during his reincarnation process. But he couldn't understand how a ghost with merits could become a Ghost King with such formidable strength.

Ye Lou whispered to Fu Lian, "Old Fu. That handsome man might be a Celestial Master. His job is to purify souls. He might be here for Jingjing." He informed his friend as soon as he noticed the insignia imprinted on the man's suit. A sun and moon crest is the Exorcist Organization's emblem.