Chapter 20 - 1.20 First Small Star [Extra 2] - Horror Tale VII

ابدأ من البداية

This is a man who had been looking for his missing other half's soul for a hundred years but until now he still hasn't found who he had been looking for. All of a sudden the sky turned darker as if filled with clouds and the bright glowing moon slowly turned red as if dyed in blood.

The beginning of the ghost festival had arrived. Just for one night all ghosts, spirits, and evil creatures are free to roam on the surface where the humans live. Despite the changes in his surrounding, this handsome ascetic man's face remains unmoved.

Countless people appeared from the land not far from the pavilion some of them especially those of age were wearing Hanfu or robes worn in olden times. Specifically celestial robes only worn by full pledge Celestial Masters. They've stood in line as they bow their head in the direction of the pavilion as if paying their respect to the man inside.

A Fortune teller who had hints of blood on his robes had stepped forward with the intention to speak to the man inside the pavilion. The God-like figure resting inside the pavilion is the master of all Celestial practitioners in this world. He is a being outside the control of fate and only heaven's will could somewhat hold him back. This man is called Lin Xia.

"Master I have found the traces of that forbidden land. It must be because today is the ghost festival that it resurfaced in the land of the living." said the fortune-teller.

Lin Xia responded, "I know. This is not the first ghost festival in hundred years but only to this day that I could finally feel its deadly and ominous presence. The seals that keep it hidden must be broken. Only humans who couldn't understand formation would sometimes accidentally break seals. Look for the exact location and inform me. I would check it personally." he said the tone of his voice is icy and detached.

Music playing~

Suddenly something rang in the midst of stillness. It's a modern ringtone that could be heard in handphones in this era. It seems one of the apprentices had forgotten to put their phone into silence. They've looked at the young man with a distorted expression on his face as he bows his head down with pure embarrassment and fear imprinted on his face.

"I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Masters. Esteemed Lord!!!" the young apprentice said while bowing as if he wanted to kowtow at this moment.

The older Celestial Masters were about to scold the young apprentice harshly, only Lin Xia gesturing to them to stop. As someone reborn in modern times, Lin Xia knew the use of handphones. His current parents provided him one and told him to use it to take some photos with his future lover. But until now aside from using it to call and message it is nothing more than a piece of scrap in his hand.

"Don't scold. He is young and prone to mistakes. It's normal." said Lin Xia.

Celestial Masters which are his disciples, "Yes, Master!"

"Child. It's been ringing for a long time now. You should check on it and put it in silent." said a kind young disciple of the elder masters.

"Y-Yes. Thank you Senior brother Wen." The young man said as he instantly brought out his phone and turned his phone into silent.

But when he checked the message he had gotten, it seems to be an SOS message passed to him by his cousin who knew that he is an apprentice Celestial master. Seeing this the young apprentice couldn't help but frown. The kind-looking senior brother of theirs saw his sudden change of expression.

Senior Brother Wen asked, "Little brother, is there something wrong?"

"Senior brother, you told us before that forbidden land called abyss has been missing for centuries. Since everyone had lost sight of it no one else knew. But the possibilities of haunted lands in this era might have a connection to it, that's what you said right?" said the young apprentice.