Epilogue

••••••15 Years after Oliver's Crowning••••••

"Watch your stance, Lucian." Oliver's voice rang out in the middle of the practice grounds. "A proper stance will guarantee stronger strikes."

"He doesn't need stronger strikes, Oli!" James groaned under the next attack from Lucian. The old medic soldier was now the sparring partner of the tall 18-year-old young man. 

Lucian smiled and swung again, throwing James backward. He groaned. "I'm too old for this shit. How can I find a wife when I'm covered in bruises? No one is going to believe that I'm a medic soldier."

Oliver laughed at James' miserable appearance and helped him up. "I have offered to set you up with someone plenty of times."

"No, you just want to meddle," James huffed. "And the people you 'set me up' with are terrifying. I want someone dainty and kind. Someone who is the complete opposite of you." 

"The last person I tried to introduce you to may have had a foul mouth, but they are kind-hearted." Oliver shrugged.

"You tried to set me up Pope Gallio Commodus. He's a demon! There is nothing kind about him! I even doubt he has a heart!"

Oliver laughed heartily, remembering the awkward meeting and how James nearly fainted. He was wrong to think that two healers would find common ground. They spent most of their time arguing. In truth, he wanted happiness for his friends, but Gallio loved his experiments more than people. After the debacle with James, he stopped trying his hand at matchmaking. 

"Just give me a fucking vacation, and I will find my own wife," James grumbled.

Oliver sighed. "Fine. After all of this, I'll grant you a vacation."

James' eyes lit up. "Really? You'll let me go?" He dropped his sword to the ground and started to back away. "You can't renege on this! On your honor, you will let me have a vacation."

Oliver raised an eyebrow. "You make me sound like a dictator."

Lucian was standing at the side and was chuckling at the interaction. It was something he had seen plenty of times. "Admit it, you are kind of stringent," he said.

Olivers sighed and gently patted Lucian's shoulder. "Perhaps a little. You did well today. Soon, you will rival me."

"Doubtful, dad. I think only father could rival you." Lucian stood proudly with a grin etched on his face, his fangs slightly exposed. 

Oliver lovingly placed his forehead on his son's. "You would be surprised by the mysteries of this world. Never doubt it, and never doubt yourself."

Lucian's fiery red eyes burned with excitement, and his white hair was braided in fine plaits. However, this was different from his original appearance. Thirteen years ago, Oliver and Draco were hunting in the Asksno Peaks when they heard the cries of a young child. 

They found the malnourished and small boy huddled next to the bodies of his dead parents. His hair at that time was black with black eyes with a slight hint of red. He was a Lyrell child but very far down the line of lineage. Oliver and Draco pitied the child and took him home.

However, the child was on death's door, and not much could heal him. His body was failing him, so after consulting the temple keeper, they tried to give him a fighting chance. Draco and Oliver took turns transmitting some of their magic into his body, hoping to awaken his latent bloodline. 

When they were about to give up, the magic of a dragon and a dragon's heart finally unlocked the power hidden inside of the child. This altered his body, and he took on the characteristics of the two men. His eyes became a bright red, much like Draco's, while his hair had turned white like Oliver's.