38. A Conference

Screams and roars terrorized the night inside the chambers. It was torture for those who had to listen outside the sanctum's doors. 

However, when the sun was hanging high in the sky, Oliver was standing in front of a large black dragon.

Draco's size rivaled the great dragons of the tombs. He was tall and sleek, with a long neck and tail. Large horns sat at the top of his head, resembling a crown.  His scales were like inked feathers, and when he spread his wings, he looked like he could stretch across the horizon. Everything about him was graceful and elegant. 

He lowered his head to nuzzle against Oliver, receiving a laugh from him. Oliver kept running his hands across his scales, causing him to purr incessantly.

Oliver's previous life ended when he died, and he didn't see the events that took place after his last breath. He didn't know that Draco had shifted. 

Although Draco believed that what he saw were visions of what could happen, he couldn't forget how he shifted into a dragon after Oliver died. He remembered how he destroyed the city and killed countless people. 

It was easy to shift into a dragon and almost instantaneous in his dream. In this vision, he didn't care about his sanity and let the monster within his blood rip off his human skin and devour his mind. 

But in this shift, he needed it to be different. Instead of rage, he focused on his sanity, which took much longer to complete. Draco could feel the difference between his dreams and this reality. He relished the feeling and power he felt in this form, but what was more rewarding was the calm and acceptance of his lover.

Oliver stepped back so he could see all of him and sighed. "You're extraordinary."

Draco roared with pride, making Oliver laugh even more.

"How do you feel? Do you want to show off for your subordinates?"

The large black dragon revealed a toothy grin and then started to shrink. Within moments, a tall man stood where the dragon once was, except he had no clothes.

Oliver suddenly felt the temperature rise, and his face flushed as he saw Draco bare in front of him. His eyes traced Draco's body, unable to look away.  His eyes slowly drew upwards, and he found that Draco had a confident smirk.

Oliver was stirred from his daze, pulled off his torn shirt, and threw it at Draco before turning around. "Cover yourself." He said reluctantly.

He shivered when he heard Draco's laugh behind him, his breath heating the back of his neck. "Why should I cover myself? This is all yours anyway."

His fingers brushed along Oliver's back, touching every wound he caused.  Scratches ran down Oliver's back, and bite marks littered his body. He sighed and snaked his arms around Oliver's waist. "I injured you when I was incoherent."

"It's fine." Oliver's voice was breathy.

Draco's lips started kissing his shoulder and neck, paying special attention to the bite wounds. His tongue would slick across his skin, and he would feel Oliver tremble against him.

Oliver lifted his hand and reached behind, tangling his fingers in Draco's hair.

"It's not fine." Draco's lips vibrated against Oliver's neck as he spoke. His fingers touch the deep bite mark on his shoulder. "Even with your dragon heart, this one will scar."

Oliver chuckled. "I'm not complaining about a scar or two."

Draco groaned. "Next time I have you alone in a room, I will be sure to be lucid, so I can truly enjoy devouring you."