56. An Attack

Oliver had fallen into a deep slumber after their reckless night together.  Draco may have been tenacious as a lover, but he was gentle when it came to taking care of his husband.  While Oliver was asleep, he carried him to the tub and washed him.  He combed through his white hair before plaiting it into braids again. Before he had wrapped up his wounds, he had kissed every new bruise on Oliver's body, from the back of his neck to his legs.

When satisfied with cleaning up and bandaging Oliver, he laid him in bed and covered him. He climbed in afterward and pulled him into his arms, allowing his body to rest after weeks of worry and concern.

Oliver kept a grip around Draco's waist to reassure him that he was still with him.

The next day, Draco was woken by a knock on the door.  He groggily opened his eyes from the sound and frowned. However, his tiredness was erased when he saw the slumbering man in his arms. 

Gods know how many times he had dreamt of Oliver waking up, so he was relieved to confirm that yesterday's and last night's events were not a dream.

The knock on the door was forgotten as he watched his lover sleep. The magic seemed to have integrated more into Oliver's body than before. Now the silver remaining in his eyelashes and brows had turned snow white. He was elegant and beautiful but was as sharp as a blade. 

He hummed contently as he caressed Oliver's cheek. Oliver inhaled deeply and moved into the touch but didn't wake. 

The knock returned. 

Draco sighed. He kissed Oliver's forehead and slipped out of bed without waking him.  He pulled a robe on, loosely tying it around his waist.  He assumed a soldier came to report something to him and Oliver, so he felt no need to tidy up and straightforwardly opened the door.

However, he was stunned when he saw Sophia on the other side with Sarah flanking her.

Draco stood up straighter and flushed a little. "Sophia. Good morning."

Sophia flushed a little as she saw the scratches on Draco's neck and chest. She averted her eyes. "It's the afternoon, actually. I came to check if you two wanted to join us for lunch."

Sarah frantically motioned at Draco, trying to point out his wounds from the night before. Draco was still muddled, and it took a moment to be jolted back into reality. He hastily tightened the robe with wide eyes.

Sophia coughed lightly. "Perhaps, we should meet for dinner. I'll let you and Oliver rest a little longer." She quickly took off down the hall after she said this.

Draco groaned. "Fuck."

Sarah struggled to hold back a laugh. She lingered long enough to hand Draco a note. "Our findings from Ewen's room."

She laughed again as she followed Sophia.

Draco cursed and closed the door in dismay. He rested his head against the wall and groaned again.

Sophia had accepted their marriage almost immediately. She also cared for him while he focused on Oliver when he was unconscious. She made sure he ate and rested when he had forgotten to. They spent hours talking and building a relationship.

He hoped that his fiendish appearance did not make her change her mind about him.

"Why are you there?" A raspy voice sounded from the bed.

Draco pushed away from the wall and quickly made his way to Oliver.  He caressed his cheek lightly. "How are you feeling."

Oliver smiled. "Content."

Draco chuckled as he started to wind his fingers in Oliver's braids. "How is your body?"

Oliver took pleasure in that Draco was a fierce lover because it sated his aggressive appetite. Every bite and nip was rewarded with Draco's soothing caresses.