•Remember•

POV: Nick

I groggily opened my eyes, finding myself in an unfamiliar room with blinding white walls. The bed I was lying on was far from comfortable, with only a thin pillow behind my back. Confusion immediately flooded my mind as I tried to piece together how I ended up here.

Where am I? And how did I get here? I can't remember anything...

A throbbing headache added to my disorientation, making it even harder to make sense of my surroundings. I couldn't even recall my own name, let alone understand where "here" was.

I furrowed my brow, attempting to dig deep into my hazy memories. Name...name...name... Ah! Nickólas! My name is Nickólas. But that still doesn't explain where I am or how I got here.

Suddenly, the door creaked open, and my attention snapped towards it. A woman dressed in white entered the room, genuine surprise evident on her face when she saw that I was awake.

"You are finally awake," she said in a slightly exasperated tone.

"Where am I?" I asked, my voice slightly raspy from just awakening.

"You are at the hospital," she replied matter-of-factly.

Hospital? Wasn't it the place where they treated sick people? I was struggling to recall any concrete details.

"Why am I here?" I inquired, hoping for some clarity.

"Wait, you don't remember?" She glanced at me and then rifled through some papers in her hand, her brow furrowed in concern.

I shook my head, the pain in the back of my head intensifying as I did so. Wincing, I instinctively reached for the source of the discomfort, hoping to alleviate some of it.

But my touch did little to relieve the pain.

The woman picked up her phone and urgently called someone, mentioning my room number and the need for immediate assistance.

Within a minute, a tall man with brown hair and glasses entered the room. He, too, was dressed in the same attire as the woman, indicating that he was affiliated with the hospital.

"Hello, Nickólas. I'm your doctor, and I have reviewed your brothers since they were minors, so you don't need to worry," the doctor said, his voice calm and reassuring.

"What brothers? I don't remember having any," I responded honestly, my confusion growing by the second.

The two doctors exchanged a glance before refocusing their attention on me.

"Do you remember anything?" the woman asked, a hint of worry lacing her voice.

"Nope, nothing. Well, I do remember my name, but that's about it," I admitted, frustration creeping into my voice.

The doctor nodded at the woman, and she retreated to a desk with a computer, busying herself with what appeared to be note-taking.

"Nickólas, I'm going to ask you a series of questions, and I need you to answer them," the doctor explained, his tone gentle yet determined.

"Okay?" I replied, feeling even more perplexed than before.

The man's questioning commenced, and I attempted my best to respond. With each query, the woman would jot down my answers on the computer.

After what seemed like half an hour, they informed me that they would return shortly and made their exit, leaving me alone in the room once again.

Yet, despite their efforts, my memory remained blank.

Who am I?

POV: Matteo

We were all gathered at the hospital, anxiously awaiting Nick's awakening. I couldn't help but blame myself for the accident that had landed him here in the first place. As I descended the stairs, parched and yearning for a glass of water, I had collided with Nick, and before either of us had a chance to react, he tumbled down, hitting his head with a sickening thud.

And now, he lay unconscious, his life hanging in the balance.

"Matteo," Michael called out, briefly glancing my way.

"Yeah?" I responded, my voice tinged with guilt.

"Don't blame yourself for this. It was an accident," Michael offered, his words filled with attempted reassurance.

"Okay," I replied, though disbelief still lingered in my eyes. How could I not blame myself for something so avoidable?

"Matteo..." Lucas's shaky voice interrupted our conversation.

I turned to face Lucas, and his distress was palpable.

"Yes, Lucas?" I inquired gently.

"Is...is Nick going to be okay?" His voice cracked, betraying his fears.

"I hope so," I whispered, my own voice trembling.

The sound of a door opening pulled our attention towards it, as a doctor, Dr. William, with brown hair and glasses emerged. We had known him since childhood, and his presence instilled a certain sense of trust within us.

"Hello, hunters. I have both good news and bad news," Dr. William announced.

"Start with the good news," Jasper interjected, a flicker of hope lighting up his features.

"Nicólas is finally awake, and you can see him momentarily after I've informed him," Dr. William said, trying to brighten our spirits.

"And the bad news?" Jasper inquired, his anticipation tinged with concern.

Right, I had momentarily forgotten about the troubling part.

"He has temporarily lost his memory. It may take up to a year for him to fully recover," Dr. William explained, his tone weighted with regret.

This is all my fault.

"Would you like to see him now?" Dr. William asked, momentarily snapping me out of my self-blame.

Nods and murmurs of agreement resounded throughout the room, and we followed Dr. William went down the hallways, turning right twice before reaching our destination. He insisted on entering first to prepare Nick for the influx of visitors, especially those he no longer remembered.

The thought of him being unable to recognize us pained me to the core, making me feel sick inside.

Dr. William motioned for us to enter, and there, lying in the hospital bed, was Nick. A bandage wrapped around his head, he looked weaker than I had ever seen him before. Or seen anyone for this matter.

Nick..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello friends!

I just want to thank you all for all the reads and votes! Like, we are almost at 130k reads! unbelievable!

Thank you for making this possible, to the new readers and to the ones that have stickers around from the start.🤍