•The Dinner•

Pov: Nick

They tell me that it's time for dinner any second now.

The oldest one, who I believe whose name is Jasper, stood up from his seat and everyone else followed behind him as he started walking. Correction, Everyone followed after except one.

Austin.

He waited a while before he followed the others. I started walking before him, and when I did he stood up, following my every move while walking behind me. I started to increase my walking speed in an attempt to get away from his murdering gaze.

We walked into the dining room and we all got seated around this really long royalty-looking table in the middle of the room.

This room was gigantic as well. What did I expect at this point? The rest of the house is huge and luxurious as well so why would the dining room be any different?

I sit in between Michael and Lucas because they seem the nicest out of all of them. But this Austin guy won't stop glaring at me.

What did I ever do to him?

It felt really weird to eat dinner with these random strangers. I know that they are 'technically' my family or whatever but they are strangers to me because I don't know them. And by the way, Is this a normal thing they do? Eat together, like every day?

Normally in my foster homes, I get some food once in a while and then I get locked in a room not being able to come out unless I needed to go to the toilet. At first, I tried to fight back but I quickly realized that it was of no use.

So this was a completely new experience for me.

Anyways. After a while of everyone just having meaningless conversations for about five minutes
(everyone does NOT include Nick.)

two maids walk in with two to three big trays of food. It smells amazing but I don't know if there are rules about food or if the food is poisoned. Michael sees me just staring at the food and nudges my shoulder to get my attention making me flinch and I accidentally hit my fork off the table. All eyes are on me once more and I immediately look down at my empty plate thinking if I ignore them long enough they will leave me alone.

It didn't work.

Jasper spoke up after a while and said "Nickólas, why aren't you eating?"

"Not hungry," I mumbled under my breath, still not looking up but then Austin said.

"Do you have anorexia or some shit?" that comment made my head snap up, and feeling my blood run cold, I screamed.

"That is none of your business! Who do you think you are!?" now I'm standing up and looking at him dead in the eyes, shooting daggers at him. My outburst caught everybody off guard. No one is brave enough to say anything.

I just ran into a bathroom that was nearby in the hallway. I knew where it was because I went there fifteen minutes ago to wash my hands before dinner. I could hear heavy footsteps running to the front of the door. Matteo and Alex are standing outside trying to make me open it and let them in. But of course, I refused to.

Why do they pretend to care?

After a while, they realize I'm not going to open the door and just walk away.

I knew it, they don't care about me.

As soon as it became quiet outside, I put on my headphones and listened to a random playlist on Spotify I saved. I'm currently sitting against a wall just trying to keep my eyes open but eventually, they shut.

Damn it.

~~~~~

-I woke up a while later in a random bed. Did I get kidnapped?

No, that would have been impossible.

-Am I still in the house?

Probably.

I stand up slowly looking around the room. I try to take a step forward but a sharp pain hit me in my spine. I fell to the ground because of it and made a loud sound when I hit the floor.

Soon after I hear those heavy footsteps again running up a couple of stairs.

Uh oh.
I need to hide
now

I get to my feet as fast as I can and sprint into a walk-in closet in the room.

For real, how rich are these people!?

I hide in a very tight corner at the end of the closet that has a big shelf in front of it so you can't see me.

As soon as I hide, the same exact second I can hear the door swing open.

"where is he!?"

"how would I know!?"

"you're older!"

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean I can see through walls stupid!"

"Both of you, shut it!"

"No!"

"We have to focus on finding Nick."

"humph."

I could hear the footsteps slowly approaching the closet that I'm in and I started to panic.

What happens if they find me? Will I get a punishment for hiding from them? Will they hit me? Or maybe something even worse.

In that exact second, I hear the door crack open, and someone steps in. I just hold my breath trying to make as little noise as possible. After a while of the mysterious person trying to find me they walk out again to my other "brothers" and they start a conversation again.

"did you see anyone?"

"no, nothing"

"Shit! Jasper is going to kill us!"

"What about our missing brother you dumbass!?"

"yeah, that too!"

"What do we do!? What do we do!? What d-"

"Shut up! I can't think!"

It became silent for a while. Before the same guy spoke again.

"we will have to keep looking."

"What if we don't find him!?"

"then we will have to tell Jasper."

right then I accidentally bumped into the big shelf in front of me and a box that apparently was on top of it fell off.

Shit.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Wonder what will happen now? What do you think? Don't forget to leave a comment and vote. If you want to get updated when a new chapter drops, consider following.