•Brothers?•

Pov: Nick

"Wait, you have what!?"

"We have found your family," Hannah repeats her previous statement.

No, this can't be true. My family is dead. Or are they? That is what I always have believed and that's what the people working at the orphanage told me as well.

What happens now? Do I live with them? I don't want to live with them. Wait does that mean I have a mom and a dad? Why did they abandon? And why would they come to claim me now? Do I-

I guess Hannah saw the panicked look on my face because that was when she cut me off by putting her hand on my shoulder, which made me flinch. She immediately takes her hand off me as she remembers how I had it at previous foster homes. Joseph shimmed in and started speaking.

"It looks like you two need some time alone to talk about this " two-faced bitch.

He leaves the room right after he said that. Now it's just me and Hannah, alone.

She turns to look at me and then after a while of awkward silence with the only thing that could be heard was my own heart beats and Hannah sighs. It feels like my chest was about to burst. Hannah finally spoke.

"Aren't you excited Nick?" she said with a small and hopeful smile growing onto her face.

"Excited about what? I'm not going." I respond looking away and breaking eye contact with her. She sighed at my reaction.

"I kinda expected that to be your response" she muttered under her breathe.

"I know you don't want to but you don't have a choice or a say in this. We have found your biological family and the law says that you have to go with them. We have already done security checks so what has happened In your past don't.. Repeat. Just give it a shot for me...please?" she says with a glint of hope in her eyes. I look at her and after a while I say.

"fine, I'll try but that doesn't mean I'll enjoy it the slightest."

"Thank you." she smiles at me, and I couldn't help but smile back. It wasn't very noticeable but I do think she saw it because her smile grew even bigger. I didn't even think that was humanly possible.

At that moment Joseph comes back into the room.

"So what did you guys come up with?" he asks pretending to actually be interested in what we are talking about. Hannah explains the situation and Joseph turns to me.

"I'll miss you kid," God, his acting skills are good.

"I'll give you guys a moment alone to say goodbye," Hannah says before exiting the room. When Joseph was sure she couldn't hear us anymore he turns to me looking. I could see by his facial expression that he was mad.

And by that I mean really, REALLY mad.

"Listen here boy, don't think you're special just because you've got a family now. You're still the same useless kid we all know and hate," he said while bunching me in the stomach. Making me hovel over in pain. I tried to catch my breath because the hit was so unexpected when he pulls me into a hug which made me confused until I saw Hannah walking into the room.

That's why.

"Alright, do you have any more questions before we leave?" she asked me, which I answered.

"yeah, actually I do. Do I have any siblings or am I an only child?" she looked at me with a confused look on her face, then a wave of realization hit her.

"Right! I didn't tell you. You have 6 older brothers and the oldest one is going to be your legal guardian."

wait, first of. I have 6 brothers!? And second. Why is my oldest brother going to be my, legal guardian, and not my real parents? Except if they are dead.

"Alright Nick, so do you have anything to pack before we leave?" I shook my head no.

"Alright, let's go then!" Hannah almost shouts. How do this women always have so much energy? She seems even more excited than me about this.

We leave Joseph's house and get into the car Hanna parked outside. We then start our little car ride to meet my new so-called "family".

"Almost forgot to tell you, it is in Spain."
I shot my head up to look at her thru the rare mirror.

"What!? Spain!? We are in New York!"

"Don't scream at me. But aren't you excited!" she said looking super happy for God knows why.

"Why would I be that!?" I screamed again. She sighs and there is an awkward pause between us. The air in the car just grows thicker and thicker by the second. Then she finally speaks again.

"I thought you would be happy about it. You have lived in New York your whole life. It can be good with a change."

"Me living here my whole life is just another reason why I shouldn't leave!" I exclaimed.

"you promised you would try," said Hannah with a disappointed tone.

"Yeah, I did! But that was before you told me I was moving to Spain!"

After that, we just sat in an uncomfortable silence the whole way to the airport. When we were finally there we walked past the normal plains which made me confused. We kept walking until we came to a super big private jet. I look at Hannah in confusion. She nods her head.

Wait, so they are rich!? Like not
"We got some money" no, no, no they are fucking billionaires! Like, who has a private jet!?

We walk onto the jet and Hannah turns to me and says

"I won't be going with you on the trip. I think one of their maids is going to help you out when the plane lands. But I'll try to visit you ok?" I node. She smiles and waves at me when she gets off the plane.

After a while of waiting, it finally takes off. I'm kind of sleepy so I'm thinking I'll take a nap during the flight. I put my headphones on and lay down on a couch built into the wall at the back of the plane. But before I drift off to sleep there is one thought running around in my head.

"What happened to my parents?"

then it all goes black.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you like the story so far but I want to know. What do you all think happened to Nick's parents? Leave a comment and don't forget to vote and follow!