•Panic•

POV: Austin

We were all frantic, desperately searching for Nick as our worry continued to grow. A knot of fear twisted in my stomach, but I didn't want to admit it just yet.

Michael seemed the most panicked among us, pacing anxiously and speaking with an agitated tone. "Where did he go!?" he exclaimed, frustration and fear evident in his voice.

Caught up in the tension, I responded with my own stress. "Why are you asking me?" I snapped back, feeling the pressure mounting.

"I don't know, I'm just...stressed, okay?" Michael's voice trembled, revealing his own anxieties.

The thought crossed my mind, and before I could stop myself, I blurted out, "Do you think he's...dead?" Immediately, I regretted uttering those words.

"Don't say that!" Michael's voice cracked, clearly hurt by my words.

Trying to regain control of the situation, I interjected, "Everyone, let's calm down. Have we checked everywhere in the house?"

"Yes," the group responded exasperatedly.

Then, a realization hit me. We had searched every corner of the interior, but we hadn't considered that Nick could be outside.

"I think I know where he is," I spoke up, a glimmer of hope emerging.

"Where!?" Michael's voice held anticipation, a spark of hope shining in his eyes.

"Follow me." Without waiting for a response, I hurried outside and headed straight for the backyard. As I made my way towards the gazebo, excitement and relief surged through me. And there he was, peacefully asleep, oblivious to the chaos and panic we had just experienced.

"How did you know?" someone asked, filled with curiosity and relief.

"I just had a feeling," I replied, a faint smile appearing on my lips.

Approaching Nick's sleeping figure, I carefully scooped him up in my arms, mindful of his fragile state. "If any of you mention this, I won't hesitate to kill you," I half-seriously warned as I carried him back through the front door and into the house.

As we settled Nick onto his bed, curiosity hung in the air. Why had he chosen the gazebo? What made him seek solace there in his distress? We all thought that it would be really mean of us to wake him us considering he's probably pretty tired. So we all decided we would ask him when he woke up in a couple hours I suppose.

POV: Nick

I woke up in a disoriented and sweaty state, my heart still racing from the nightmare that had plagued me a couple of seconds ago. I had hoped these night terrors were a thing of the past, but it seemed they still had a hold on me.

"Never going to escape those am I?" I asked myself quietly knowing I wouldn't get an answer to that any time soon.

(If you want me to do a chapter about nick having a flash back or something, please let me know in the comments.)

Looking around, I was relieved to find myself safe and sound inside my room. The familiarity of the surroundings calmed my racing mind, reminding me that it was only a dream. However, a nagging concern lingered. How did I end up here? It seemed unlikely that I had made my way back to my room on my own.

"Am I going crazy?" I mumbled another question I probably won't get an answer to either. After a while of thinking to myself, I decided to snap out of it.

Sitting here doing nothing but questioning myself won't help me remember what happened while I was unconscious.

As I cautiously got up from bed, I noticed the clock on the wall.

10:56, it read.

It was already nighttime, meaning dinner had come and gone, leaving me with a gnawing hunger.

"I can wait till morning" I told myself, on my way back to the comfortable warmth of my bed. But by the time I was at the edge of it, my stomach let out a small growl.

"Or maybe not.." I said, feeling a bit disappointed.

I quietly made my way through the empty house, heading to the kitchen in search of something to eat. However, to my surprise, the room was devoid of any sign of life.

I was still a bit bummed that I had to force myself to get down here but I couldn't really starv myself. Ever since that comment Austin made about me when I first came here, I have been feeling a bit insecure about my looks.

I'm a bit skinny for my age but I'm not underweight. I don't really know how eating disorders work but I don't want to develop one to have another thing for Austin to point out about me.

I really hate that guy.

I checked the fridge, spotting delicious pancakes, but hesitated, knowing their absence would be noticed. In the cupboards, I found a selection of fruits. Settling on an apple, I grabbed it, a suitable choice that wouldn't raise suspicions.

With the apple in hand, I made my way upstairs, eager to enjoy my impromptu meal. But in my carelessness, I collided with someone on the staircase, causing me to stumble and hit my head on the floor.

Pretty hard if I may add.

"Nick! Are you okay!?" a voice echoed through the pain, but in my dazed state, I couldn't determine who it was. Footsteps hurried towards me as the mysterious person gently helped me up, their concern evident. They swooped me up in there arms, but I still couldn't detriment who it was.

I tried to speak but no words came out. It was like my lips had been locked shut with supper glue or something.

Darkness crept at the edges of my vision, blurred spots dancing before my eyes. Amid the fading sounds, I heard the last words before succumbing to unconsciousness.

"Call an ambulance!"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone!!

I know I kind of disappeared again.. but I promise I'll be better! Anyways, hope y'all are having a great day and that you are doing well!🤍

Btw: we are closing in on this book's one year aniversery! Do y'all want me to do anything special for that? In that case, let me know what!