•Dont Breathe•

Pov: Nick

"Did you guys hear that?"

"yes, it came from the closet."

"didn't you say no one was there?"

"yeah, or I didn't 'SEE' anyone."

It became silent for a moment before I could hear them walking toward my direction once more. I close my eyes and keep my eyelids shut as tight as possible trying to shrink even though I know it 'technically' won't work.

The door to the closet opened up once again and I try to hold my breath as I hear four pairs of footsteps entered the closet. I can hold my breath for a really long time from all the times I have had to hide away from my foster parents or siblings. Especially...

Him.

He was the worst of them all and ill never forget the things he did to me. Just thinking about it makes me want to throw up.

He makes me sickening.

Anyway, back to my situation right now. All of them are walking around the closet searching for me, but I only have one thought in mind.

Don't breathe.

Don't breathe.

Don't breathe.

Don't breathe.

Don't breathe.

Don't breathe.

I can't hold it anymore.

I breathe out and everyone just stops moving. I immediately slap my hands over my mouth realizing my HUGE mistake. I try to shrink into the corner.

Can't the ground just open up and swallow me whole?

Out of nowhere, a hand grabs me and I scream out in pain and fall to my knees holding my head like some kind of shield. My heart feels like it is going to jump out of my chest and my breaths just become heavier and heavier after each second.

Not long after I hear two more pairs of footsteps running up the stairs and into my room.

Jasper and Michael.

Jasper screams at the other four to get out of the room while Michael is trying to get my attention without touching me because we all know how 'great' it went the last time.

When I finally calm down I look up from my knees and see a worried-looking Michael and a...question-looking Jasper?

I can't really blame him. I would also be confused if a fourteen-year-old boy was screaming in his empty closet in the middle of the night for some unknown reason. Except that it wasn't unknown. I think I heard Matteo tell Jasper what happened or something before he walked out with the others, but I was too deep in my own thoughts to actually pay much attention.

Jasper gestured that we would go to my room instead of sitting on the ground in my closet and I accept the offer.

It would be a lot more comfortable sitting on my warm, nice bed instead of the cold floor in here. I don't have a carpet in the closet which doesn't really help.

So we all get up and we walk into "my" room. They sit down at one end of the bed while I sit down at the other side not wanting to touch anybody right now.

-Or ever.

Jasper and Michael look at each other and then take a quick glance at me before looking back at each other. It is like they are reading each other's minds or something.

After their little telepathy section, they both nod and Jasper finally speaks.

"What happened." It came out more like a demand than a question.

To that, I answered,

"What are you talking about? "

"You know exactly what I'm talking about."

"I have no idea." I could tell I was getting on his nerves.

"why were you screaming your head off in the middle of the night!?" his screaming startled me a little. The fuck?

He can't expect me to not scream when he's doing the exact same thing. I already don't like it here. I'm not getting any positive vibes at all.

"They scared me when they touched my arm," I answered honestly. Of course, there was a reason behind it but of course I'm not going to tell THEM that.

"you don't have an anxiety attack because someone touches your arm. I want an explanation of what happened. The truth."

Is he stupid? You can have anxiety attack from basically anything. Wow, these people really are idiots. Is this enough for me to call Hannah and complain so I can go back? Not to Joseph tho, he's a dickhead as well.

Maybe I can run away? Get a nice job, buy a house and live somewhere far into the woods.

"Nickolas answer me."

-Fuck you.

"You want the truth!? It just reminded me of someone..!" I said, my voice is getting lower after every word considering if I should actually tell them or not.

"Who?" this time it was Michael who asked. I decided against it and kept quiet. So instead I told them.

"I won't tell you. I can't tell you."

"querido, if you don't tell us we can't help you." these people are really starting to get on my nerves.

"I don't need help! I didn't ask for your help and I know you can't help me so there is no point in even trying!"

*silence

"Tell me, why do you even 'pretend' to care?"

"We do care Nickolas." pfft, sure as heck they do.

"then why do you 'care'" I declared, rolling my eyes at care but they didn't notice.

"Because you're our brother."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Who do you all think "him" is and what did he do to Nick? Keep reading to find out!

Don't forget to comment if you have an opinion or an idea of how to make the book even better.
Please vote. If you want to get an update every time there is a new chapter consider following as well!