•Rainy Day•

Pov: Nick

As I sit in the car, I can't shake off the feeling that Michael was acting strange at the mall. From what I've seen so far, he's not the one to get angry easily, and the stuff he and the others were talking about, like the possibility of getting kidnapped, doesn't make any sense to me. Jasper and Matteo seemed to be the only ones not questioning it, but everyone else seemed to be as clues as me..

It's all just so weird. He had no actual reason to snap at Lucas like that.

The news of my "family" did seem too good to be true. I've been suspecting something ever since Hannah told me all this. Nobody has that much money and nothing to hide. I know something's up, but what?

Well, that's what I'm about to find out!

When we arrive at the house, everyone rushes off to their rooms, and I pretend to do the same. But instead, I hide behind a wall in the hallway and wait for the older siblings to walk upstairs. Once they do, I trail after them and end up outside Jasper's office. I try to eavesdrop on their conversation. Maybe then I can find out at least something useful.

I tried to be as quiet as possible to not be spotted. Who knew what those giants could do to me? They could even kill me for all I know.

"Don't you think you were a little harsh? I understand why you did it but I think you really scared them."

"They can't know about it yet, they are too young to get involved."

"Michael is right, we can't let them know about the mafia."

"what do we do now?"

"yeah, they are probably wondering what we were talking about them getting kidnapped."

"We can always pretend that we meant that some random pedo could kidnap them."

"yeah, we will need to come up with something. If they find out, we're doomed. Lucas can't keep a secret even if his life depended on it, like this one actually does."

"I know, but right now the only thing we can do is to try and keep them safe so what happened with Nickólas doesn't happen again."

Me? Shock and confusion hit me like a ton of bricks. They're part of the mafia? So they can actually kill me if they want to. I just said it as a joke! I didn't really mean it!

-fuck my life

*Crash

I accidentally knocked over a vase, I quickly put it back in place and noticed there was a small crack along one of the sides. I turn the vase around so that part faces the wall.

As soon as I was done, I ran to my room and shut the door behind me. I wrap one of the blankets on the bed around my shoulders and let it cover the rest of my body. I buried my head in my lap and hugged myself tightly. I tried to process what had just happened.

Then I hear a dripping sound. I lifted my head up from my knees and loosened the tight embrace I had myself in and looked out of the window. I see rain drops falling from the sky. Silent drops came crashing down just to hit my bedroom window on the way down.

It makes a beautiful and soothing sound.

I don't know why but I have always loved the rain. It makes me feel safe for some unknown reason. Like I wasn't alone.

After a while of thinking I decide I'll go out. I quietly walk past everyone's bedrooms and Jasper's office. When I was sure they couldn't hear me anymore, I started running down the stairs. I put my shoes on, then proceeded to throw the door open and run out. I jump around, acting like a child, and start to laugh and scream out of happiness. I've never felt so free in my entire life.

The rain was still crashing down when I spotted a rainbow from afar.

It is so beautiful.

I started running around and jumping in puddles that had taken form on the ground. It's like I forget all the bad things in my life and can just feel like a child. I think this is how they act at least. I'm not entirely sure though. Every time I did something childish I would get a punishment.

But not today, bitch!

After a while, I get tired and sit against the back wall of the house. I put on my headphones and listen to music. I clicked on a playlist that I had saved since earlier for rainy days. I have a playlist for almost everything at this point.

I don't know how long I sat there, but it doesn't really matter all that much. All I know is that I enjoyed every second of it.

After some time just sitting down I stand up. walk to the middle of the yard and lay down instead. I love this feeling. It is like my heart just got three times its normal size and I have a meaning in life again. I hope this feeling never ends.

I think this is my favorite place in this house. Maybe it's because I'm not even in the house, but I also feel safe and happy here.

I feel like I never get to experience this kind of moment. And this really helped me clear my mind.

I just noticed that I was crying. All the emotions I have kept inside just set free and I start to bawl my eyes out just thinking about the last couple of days and everything that has happened. My whole life changed with a snap of a finger.

But then the 'bad' thoughts hit me. Shit. Jasper, Michael, and Matteo are a part of the mafia. This explains everything - the private jet, the money, the maids, and the talk about getting kidnapped.

-Is that why Michael was so paranoid earlier in the mall?

I have so many questions and no answers. But at least now I know what I'm dealing with. I need to be more careful around them. If they suspect I know something, they can kill me instantly.

And I'm not joking this time.

I wipe my tears and stand up. I take one last deep breath, feeling the rain on my skin, before heading back inside. It's time to start investigating and uncover the truth. I already know the first thing I want to figure out. And that is-

What the fuck happened to my parents?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone!

I hope you like this chapter as much as I do.

You know the drill already. Don't forget to, comment, vote, and follow.