•Middle Of The Night•

Pov: Nick

I turn around slowly only to be met with a pair of tired dark brown eyes staring questioningly at me.

Matteo.

Fuck, what do I say? I can't tell him the truth.

"Oh nothing, just grabbing some things from the first aid kit so I'll stop bleeding."

"Oh, you wonder why I'm bleeding? I got abused in my previous foster homes and that is also the reason why I don't trust you guys and flinch all the time."

Yeah, that wouldn't end well.

I guess I took too long to answer because he started to wave his hand in my face to try and get my attention.

I snap out of my trans and focus on Matteo.

"oh umm, I got thirsty and went down here to get some water." I finally spat out.

He looks at me doubting if he would trust my answer or not. He walks up to a cupboard and takes a glass and fills it with water from the sink. He then hands me the glass and walks upstairs. I believe I heard a small 'goodnight' leave his mouth but I'm not entirely sure.

When I'm sure his gone and I'm sure no one else is near and can jump out of nowhere and interrupt me. I poured out the water in the sink and put the glass in the dishwasher before I ran upstairs.

I quietly tip-toe up the stairs looking back the whole way up making sure no one sees me. But even tho my efforts I bumped into someone and I fall backward hitting my back into a wall I groan from the slight pain from a big wound I have in that right exact spot in the middle of my spine. I can feel the blood rubbing off on the wall.

I look up to see a worried-looking pair of twins.

Why do they look worried?

-Your imagining things.

-Nobody loves you.

-You're worthless.

-How stupid of you to think they care.

-You probably look super weak right now.

"Are you alright Nick?" Alex said reaching out his hand for me to grab.

"I'm fine," I answer getting up on my own.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"Why are you sorry? We were the ones who ran into you." Austin said.

"Sorry."

"Stop saying sorry weirdo," Austin said again.

Fucking Bitch.

"Shut up," Alex whispered to Austin, but I still heard them." it's fine Nick, you didn't do anything wrong."

"i-I'll head off to my room now if that is ok," I say feeling the blood starting to drip and run down my back slowly.

I need to clean this cut, now.

"yeah, of course," he said smiling at me.

"Thanks," I say not making eye contact, and then run past them and sprint into the room at the end of the corridor.

I close the door behind me and run into the bathroom. I quickly lock the door and throw off my hoodie on the ground and start packing lots of toilet paper on the wounds and wipe off as much blood as possible, then I threw it in a paper bin next to the door.