Chapter 81: The End of an Era

Start from the beginning

Ryota: Yeah. Lemme rest for a bit and then I'll dance with her.

After a few moments of catching his breath, Ryota approached her girlfriend and took her out for a dance.

Ai: I've been waiting for you. Did you catch your break?

Ryota: Yeah. You know, if things like this could last on forever.

Ai: Mm. But you feel restless, right?

Ryota: Yeah.

Ai noticed Ryota's hand subtly shaking due to him having heard of the recent news about the Shinomiya Family.

Ai: It seems like you're aware of what is happening, right?

Ryota: Yes. After all, my friend will be caught up in this mess.

Ai: I'm glad that you really care for your friends. That is just one of the reasons why I fell in love with you.

Ryota: Ahaha, if you were in my shoes, you would do the same, right?

Ai: Of course, Kaguya is my friend. I'm really happy that she could finally act like a normal girl now.

Ryota: Why are you sounding like a parent?

Ai: Don't forget, I've been her servant for 10 years, so I know everything about her.

Ryota: True.

Ai: Ryo-chan, I'll do whatever I can to help you.

Ryota: Thank you.

The couple spend their time for a little bit longer before Ai noticed Kaguya being alone.

Ai: Is Miyuki still in the logistics?

Ryota: Yeah.

Ai: Go talk to Kaguya for a while, dance with her, because I already noticed Mikado is seizing an opportunity.

Ryota: Yeah, I've been observing him quite well. In fact, I think he can't even make a move because Saya's been glaring at him for a while.

He gestures at the direction of Saya, sending ice cold glares upon Mikado, and the latter shivering in fear because he can feel a cold and murderous gaze on him but he doesn't know where it's coming from.

Ai: Uh, what did he do to earn the ire of your cousin?

Ryota: Well, because she knew that Mikado is my friend during middle school, and how he would always try to interfere my time with my ex.....

Ryota: Saya became furious over it.

Ai: Uh.....

Ai: You have a supportive cousin.

Ryota: Yeah. Not to mention, one time, when he visited the café, he accidentally spilled his drink into one of our customers.....

Ryota: And Saya violently kicked him out of the café and banned him.

Ai: That's harsh.