Chapter 60: The Election

Ryota's POV. Shuuchiin Academy.

Just the other day something interesting caught my eye in the bulletin board and when I read it, I was shocked.

It's an article about one of the candidates of the upcoming election and it says there that Hayato Hongo withdraws the election in order to focus on studying.

Ryota: ...........

Sora: Yo, it seems like you heard the news.

Ryota: Yeah. It's just too sudden actually.

Sora: I know, I know.

Ryota: Man, the elections are really tiring.

Sora: Yeah, you've been skipping club activities for a lot while now.

Ryota: I got to help with the Prez's campaign and my work at the café, since it's autumn season and all.

Sora: Ah, right.

Sora: But don't push yourself too hard.

Ryota: Yeah, I know.

Sora: So, what about at your end, how's it going?

Ryota: Fine, I guess. Though I got to say, we have a challenge.

Sora: Ah, you mean Iino Miko.

Ryota: That's right.

Sora: Ah, that girl is too uptight. I mean, yeah sure she's enforcing the law but there should be the balance in everything.

Sora: Haven't she even thought why the portrayal of Lady Justice is a blindfolded woman?

Ryota: To avoid being biased and be fair.

Sora: Yeah, that's right.

Ryota: Anyways, it seems like Iino is the only obstacle in our way.

Sora: Yep. Also, goodluck with getting Shirogane re-elected. Just don't make him work to death.

Ryota: I-I don't know, I mean, he's usually the one who always like working to death.

Ryota: Anyways, I got to go.

Sora: Okay!

The day went on as usual and we slowly prepared for the election.

And now, today is that day.

I went on my way to the auditorium and I ran into Hayasaka-san.

Hayasaka: Oh! Kaedehara-kun, good timing. If I remember, you wanted to ask something about Iino Miko, right?

Ryota: Yeah, since she's always having problems with you and your friends due to how you dress in school.

Ryota: So, any ideas?

Hayasaka: Yes. This is what I found out! Her Dad is a high court judge and her mother is a worker for an international humanitarian aid organization.