Chapter 20: Grow Some Guts Kion

Kion and Lux walked faster to the group. "I hope your feeling better Kion?" Risa asked. "Yeah a little bit, my head still hurts though," Kion admitted. Rani tussled his mane, "You'll be fine," she laughed. Kion shook his mane into place. Lux smirked at him. Kion rolled his eye's.

The group went back to their spot in the savanna. "So, now that Kion is healed, what do we do?" Cyrus asked. "Not sure," Jax replied. Rani looked at Kion, "What would you like to do?" "Oh uh I don't know," Kion replied. "I've got an idea," Liv said, "Sleep." Everyone chuckled. Lux walked over to Liv and cuddled with her. Lux looked at Kion and smirked at him. Kion was confused, but then realized he was laying next to Rani. He moved away. Lux rolled his eye's, "Kion, could you help me for a sec?" He asked. "Sure," Kion replied.

Lux took Kion into the woods. "What was that?" Lux asked. "What?" Kion was confused. "Why did you move away from Rani?" "Oh, no reason," Kion replied. "Oh I know, I pressured you," Lux smirked. "No, I-I told you already I don't like Rani," Kion stampered. "Kion, you and I both know, that isn't true," Lux said. Kion sighed, "Fine you got me." "Kion, you need to grow some guts," Lux said. "What!" Kion asked shocked. "Your acting like a pussy cat, just ask her on a date already!" Lux shouted. "I-I can't, she hates me, I attacked her on multiple occasions!" Kion shouted back. "Who said anything about her not liking you? Besides, that's all in the past, your healed you can't hurt her anymore," Lux assured Kion. "Still, I can't," Kion said. "Kion, don't be a scardy cat, I asked Liv to be my mate, it shouldn't be hard to ask Rani on a date." "Well it is!" Kion shouted. He started panicking. His pupils shrank, and he fainted. "Wow, Kion really is scared," Lux mumbled. He grabbed Kion by the scruff and brought him back to the group.

"What happened to Kion?" Rani asked. Lux put him down, "Long day. Also, may I add how heavy Kion is," Lux gasped for breath. "Now you know how I feel," Rani chuckled. Everyone layed down, and fell asleep.

Kion woke up, "Oh God what happened?" Kion rubbed his head with his paw. Then he ran it through his fire red mane. He stood up, and stretched with a yawn and slight roar. The roar woke everyone up. "Oh sorry guys," Kion apologized. "It's fine Kio- what happened to you!" Rani asked shocked. "What?" Kion was confused. "Kion, your chest mane came in," Lux explained. "Oh," Kion replied. The lionesses chuckled, except Liv. "Welcome to the club," Lux chuckled.

"Ok, now that is solved, now what?" Jax asked

"Ok, now that is solved, now what?" Jax asked. "Not sure," Alinta replied. "Maybe we could all hunt?" Cyrus asked. "Ooo I like the sound of that," Kion licked his muzzle. "Ok, hunting it is then," Rani replied. The 8 lions walked to the plains.

Lux was talking to Kion. "Dude. I think Rani likes you with a chest mane," he said. Kion looked at him. "Really Lux?" He said kind of annoyed. "Kion, I think Rani, Risa, and Alinta like your chest mane," Lux replied. "And?" Kion asked. "Kion, like I said before, as soon as you get your chest mane, lionesses everywhere will be wanting to 'do it' with you, chest manes make males more attractive," Lux explained. "Oh great," Kion rolled his eye's. Lux chuckled, "You better find a mate soon, before you'll be 'doing it' nonstop. The lionesses won't let you quit until they want to stop," Lux explained. "How do you know?" Kion asked. "For one thing, I've been around hundreds of lionesses, two, the same thing happened to my grandfather," Lux explained. Kion gulped. He didn't want to die because he wasn't 'doing it' with lionesses. "But I'm not ready for a mate," Kion objected. "Kion, when a male gets his chest mane, that means he's old enough to have a mate, and 'do it'," Lux explained. Kion gulped. "You'll be fine Kion, and stop being such a pussy cat." "Hey!" Kion shouted. Lux laughed. "But seriously, find a mate soon, and in my opinion, Rani is the best option for you," Lux walked up to Liv.

Kion started panicking. His body was telling him he was ready, but his mind was saying he wasn't. "What do I do!" Kion mumbled. "Maybe I am a scardy cat," Kion thought to himself.