Chapter 8: Stay In Control

Kion attacked Rani. He bit into her legs and neck. He clawed down her sides. Rani screamed in pain. "Kion what are you doing!" Lux shouted. "Get mud!" Rani screamed. Lux ran off and quickly got mud. Rani put it on Kion's scar. But nothing happened. Ananda's words rang in Rani's ears, "the mud won't always work." Kion took his razor claws and went down her stomach. Lux hit Kion off Rani. "What are you doing dude!" Lux shouted. Kion growled. Lux growled back. "Lux it's his scar, the venom is taking over again," Rani whispered weakly. Kion crouched down in a fighting position. Lux did the same. Kion and Lux growled at each other. "Are they about to fight?" Liv asked worried. Alinta gulped. Rani tried to stand up, but the pain in her legs was to much. Jax ran in front of Lux and Kion. "Stop!" He yelled. Lux stood up, but Kion stayed in the fighting position. Kion growled and clawed at Jax. Jax roared in pain. Kion ran toward Lux and pinned him down. "Kion c'mon I know your in there!" Lux shouted. Kion growled at him. Liv pushed Kion off Lux. Alinta helped Rani up. Risa stood there still in shock with Cyrus. Rani weakly walked up to Kion. "Kion stay calm, it's your scar, don't let it control you," she said. Kion looked at her. Then pawed at his scar. "Kion, stop that, you're only making it worse when you paw at it," Rani instructed. She took his paw down and held it down with her paw. Kion shook his head a bunch of times and blinked. Rani took her paw off his. Kion lost his balance and fell. He quickly got up. "Ahh!" He held his head with his paw. He was barring his teeth from the pain. Rani took her paw and stroked it down his cheek. This soothed Kion. He closed his eyes, and breathed. Rani stopped. Kion held his head again in pain. Rani stroked his cheek again. Kion opened his eyes and smiled. "Thanks Rani." "Anytime Kion," Rani smiled back. Rani walked to Risa, Alinta and Liv. Cyrus , Jax and Lux walked up to Kion. "You ok dude?" Lux asked. "Yeah I'm good now," Kion replied.

The lions took a break after that. "Rani are you ok? Those claw marks look like they hurt," Liv said. "Oh this is nothing, the first three times he attacked me were worse," Rani explained. "What!" Risa shouted. "It's not his fault, it's his scar, I'm helping him heal it," Rani said. "Oh," Alinta replied.

"Kion, what was it like to get affection from Rani?" Jax asked. "I don't know, I don't remember what happened," Kion replied. "You attacked Rani, she asked for mud and put it on your scar, it didn't work, I pushed you off her, you growled at me, attacked Jax, attacked me, then Rani took her paw and stroked your cheek which seemed to work," Lux explained. Kion's eyes widened. "I attacked you!" He shouted. Jax and Lux nodded. "This stupid scar! I wish it would go away!" He growled. "But, because of that scar, Rani stroked your cheek!" Cyrus shouted. Kion thought about it. "I guess your right," he replied. "Kion, how come you always attack Rani first when your scar starts to hurt?" Jax asked. Kion felt his scar hurt again at the mention of 'Rani' and 'scar' in the same sentence. He growled. He dug his claws into the ground and charged at Rani.

"Rani look out!" Liv shouted. Rani turned around, and Kion flew himself at her. He pinned her down and bit hard into her neck. Rani lost her breath. She was gasping for air. She didn't have the strength to fight back. Alinta threw Kion off Rani. Rani was still gasping for breath. Kion growled. He threw Alinta to the side, and jumped on Rani again. He clawed down her sides. Lux threw him off. Kion growled at Lux. He threw Lux to the side. He jumped back on Rani. Rani had blood everywhere. She was losing to much of it. Kion had a look of murder in his eyes. Rani opened her eyes. "Kion, come back, your turning into scar!" She weakly said. Kion stopped. He shook his head, and pawed at his scar. He looked down on Rani. He saw he was standing on her, her blood all over his paws. He had a look of horror on his face. He got off Rani. Lux walked up to him. "Kion, you need to find something that keeps you calm, so that this stops," Lux said, "what makes you stay calm?" "Rani," Kion quietly whispered. "Then think about her," Lux suggested. "But I can't! I always attack her first!" Kion shouted. "Then constantly think about her," Lux said. Kion looked at Lux. "Your a good friend Lux." Lux smiled. "Thanks, and your pretty cool yourself, being faster than a cheetah, thats awesome," Lux said enthusiasticly. "Yeah I guess it's kinda cool," Kion replied. "Let's go check on Rani," Lux said. Kion gulped, and nodded. The two males walked toward Rani. She was in a pool of blood. She was barely breathing. Kion started to cry. "I can't believe I did this!" He shouted. Lux tried to tell him it wasn't his fault, but Kion wouldn't listen. "I'm the one who has the scar! This scar is turning me evil! Im a monster!" Kion cried. Liv walked up to Kion. "Your not evil Kion, now c'mon we need to take Rani to the tree." Kion nodded. He picked up Rani and set her on his back. His gold fur turning red from her blood.