Chapter 19: Whatever It Takes

They made the soft bed for Kion, and set him on it. They all sat in the tree, waiting for Kion to show consciousness. "Do you think Kion will be able to control himself?" Alinta asked worried. "No, I don't think so, the venom is to strong," Rani said sadly. Kion started shifting awake. He opened his eyes. They were a bright green.

Kion growled at them and stood up

Kion growled at them and stood up. Rani quickly ran forward and slammed him against the wall. Kion went unconscious again. "That was close," Rani sighed. "But, what about Kion, we can't just knock him out constantly, he will die," Liv said. "Your right, we need to find something that keeps him calm," Rani replied. "I think I can help with that," Lux stepped forward. "You know what keeps Kion calm?" Rani asked. "He told me," Lux replied. "So what is it?" Rani asked. "You," Lux said. "Me?" Rani asked shocked. "Yeah, I told him, that whenever he feels angry, to think of something that makes him calm, and he said that you make him calm," Lux replied. "But how can I keep him calm? He always attacks me first!" Rani shouted. "Maybe stop telling him to be calm, because from what I've seen, that just makes things worse," Lux suggested. "Well, here's your chance," Cyrus gulped. Rani turned around. Kion was standing up, his eyes still green, and his fur orange. Kion was growling.

Rani walked up to him. "Hi Kion," she smiled. Kion got into a fighting position. Rani kept walking up to him. "Kion, it's me, Rani," Rani said. Kion looked at her confused. "Your not Rani!" He growled. "Yes it's me Kion, it's always been me," Rani stopped walking. Kion slowly walked up to her, his orange color fading. His eyes were still green. "Your Rani?" He asked. Rani nodded. She looked into Kion's green eyes. His fur was back to its golden color. "It can't be you? Rani is dead!" Kion shouted. Rani was confused. She looked at her friends. They were as confused as she was. Rani realized, he was living Scar's past. This was about Scar, Scar had lost someone he cared about. His mom, Uru, the only one who cared for him. And Kion was putting it into his own life. "No Kion, I'm alive, I've always been alive, come back to us!" Rani begged. Kion looked at her. "Rani!" He gasped. His eyes went back to amber. "KION!" Rani ran up and hugged him. "What? What happened?" Kion asked. Janna spoke, "Rani healed your scar, you no longer have venom in it." "Really?" Kion asked. "Well sort of, you just can't get really angry," Janna said. "Oh," Kion looked down sad. "Kion, come here," Janna said. Kion walked up to her. Janna put her paw on Kion's right shoulder.

"Kion, I, and everyone else here enjoy having you around, if it's ok with you, and your family, I would love for you to stay," Janna said. She took her paw off. The Night Pride symbol was on his shoulder. It dissapeared. Kion was thinking. It took him and the Lion Guard months to get here. If they found a shortcut, he could be here, and at his home. "I thank you for the offer Queen Janna, but I'd really miss my family, so, I have an idea," Kion said. Janna raised an eyebrow. "If we could somehow make a shortcut, then I could be here, and at my home whenever I wanted," Kion explained. "Thats a great idea Kion, we can start the planning next week if that's OK with you?" Janna asked. "Yes Queen Janna, that's ok," Kion replied. The 8 lions left the Tree.

"How ya feeling Kion?" Lux asked. "Confused, happy, and my head hurts," Kion replied. "Weird, and strange emotions," Lux laughed. He whispered in Kion's ear, "Hope you don't mind, but I told Rani how she makes you calm." "What!" Kion shouted. "It was the only way to make you not turn evil," Lux replied, "Hold on, your scared that Rani knows she makes you feel calm!" "Uhh..." Kion looked away. "You like her!" Lux shouted. "No I don't," Kion scoffed. "It's the only explanation!" Lux shouted. "I-I I don't like Rani," Kion stampered. "Says the male blushing," Lux smirked. "What no I'm not!" Kion shouted. "Look in a puddle," Lux chuckled. "I-uh,I," Kion looked away. "Don't worry, I won't pressure you," Lux chuckled. Kion sighed. He and Lux walked faster, joining the group.