Chapter 17: Rani's Backstory

"So she hasn't told you," Lux sighed. "Told me what?" Kion asked. "How her parents died," Lux said. "What!" Kion shouted. "Have you ever seen the scar on her right front leg?" Lux asked. "Yeah, but I didn't think much of it," Kion said. "She got it the day her parents died," Lux explained. "Do you know what happened to them?" Kion asked. "Sadly, I know every single detail. I was there," Lux looked down Sadly. "Tell me what happened," Kion ordered. Lux looked at him, then sat down. Kion did the same.

"It was a sunny day at the Tree Of Life, me Rani and Baliyo were playing Baobab ball. We saw Rani's parents welcoming a new lion. They were walking into the tree, so we followed. I never caught his name. Her parents showed him to a den. Me Rani and Baliyo stayed to sleep in the tree. Sahasi and Ananda came back. We all went to sleep in the tree. Then, I smelled smoke. Everyone in the tree woke up. The tree was on fire. Then, out of the flames came the lion who Sahasi and Ananda let in. Right in front of our eyes, he murdered her mom and dad. Rani was furious. She attacked the lion, but this caused the lion to scratch Rani's arm. I was looking around, then I stepped on a coal from the fire," Lux lifted his front left paw, there was a burn mark, "This mark keeps reminding me of the day Rani and Baliyo lost their parents, and Queen Janna had to go back to being queen. Rani and Baliyo wouldn't stop crying for months, then you came along and Rani didn't feel anymore pain," Lux explained. Kion sat there, shocked. "I-I don't know what to say," Kion said shocked. "Kion, you make Rani happy, just the day before she met you, I saw a puddle of her tears, but ever since you came, Rani has been nothing but happy," Lux said. "Give me a second," Kion said. He walked to Rani.

Kion walked over to Rani. He looked into her eyes. He took his right front arm and put it around Ranis neck, making a hug. "I'm so sorry Rani," Kion whispered. Rani knew what he ment, she figured Lux told him the story of her parents. She smiled slightly. "It's ok Kion." Kion broke the hug. He walked back to Lux. "Kion you just did it again," Lux said. "Did what?" "You felt sorry for Rani, and went to comfort her, that's protecting!" Lux shouted. "UGH not this again," Kion groaned. "But now back to our earlier talk, everyone that are mates now, were best friends as cubs and teens," Lux explained. "Great," Kion rolled his eye's. "Plus, you cleaned Rani's fur. Only mates do that," Lux said. "Seriously, That was something Rani wanted me to do because we lost!" Kion shouted. "And by the look of Rani's face, it seemed like she enjoyed you cleaning her fur Kion," Lux said, "Pretty soon, it's going to be A LOT MORE than just cleaning fur," Lux smirked. "Woah woah woah!" "Really Kion, it's the circle of life," Lux explained. "Yeah me and my dad already had this talk, 'can you feel the love tonight'," Kion mocked. He stuck his tongue out in disgust. "Kion, stop being so immature," Lux said. "Nah I think I'll hold onto my cubhood a little longer," Kion replied. "Kion, your about to start growing a chest mane, lionesses will be swarming around you, so you better find a mate now, or you'll be 'pleasuring' hundreds of lionesses," Lux smirked at Kion. Kion gulped. "I'm not ready for a mate yet," Kion said. "You better pull it together dude, because 'doing it' to multiple lionesses isn't fun," Lux said. "How would you know?" Kion asked. "My grandfather did the same thing your doing, he ended up raping all the lionesses, so they killed him, you don't want to end up like that do you?" Lux asked. "Of course not!" Kion shouted. "Then pull yourself together and get a mate!" Lux shouted. "But who?" Kion asked. Lux looked at Rani. Kion groaned. "Trying to prove your point?" He raised an eyebrow. "I already have Kion," Lux walked off. Kion looked at Rani. He didn't want to end up like Lux's grandfather, but he wasn't ready for a mate either. Kion was so confused that it hurt his head. Then, Kion felt a sharp pain in his scar.