"Yes, but after school." She agrees. 

"Okay, I will be there to pick you up." He says encouraged by her previous words. 

"Darling, say goodnight to Harry."

"Goodnight Harry, Happy birthday. See you tomorrow." She tries to tell him everything she wants before she ends the call. 

"Goodnight little darling, sweet dreams. I can't wait to see you tomorrow." My heart is going to break about how willing he is to get to know my daughter better. "I'm waiting for you Iris." 

"I know, see you in a bit." 

We end the call and I leave the house a few minutes after that, after being sure that Emma's drawing is ready. She drew Harry, I and her standing in a field full of flowers and then she made sure that my mother wrote Happy birthday Harry on top of it. My mum knows about Harry now. She came to that conclusion herself a few days before and she told me yesterday. I didn't deny it. She is happy I got to meet someone new, someone that is willing to date me for me and not for a fake image I presented.

I arrive to Harry's half an hour before all the guests. He opens the door smiling. His smile is so beautiful. 

"Hello birthday boy, happy birthday." I say and I peck his lips. 

"Thank you, but this isn't a proper kiss for a birthday boy." 

"I wear lipstick darling, I will make a mess all over your face." I tell him but he doesn't even listen to me. He kisses me like his life depends on that kiss. I take a step back a few moments after that.

"I have to give you your gifts before the others arrive." 

"I told you to not take me anything." 

"I know, but I wanted to. Well this is from me and this is from Emma. She did a drawing for you." 

He sees Emma's drawing first and I see his smile growing bigger. I know how much he appreciates children and I know that his heart is beating faster every time he thinks about how much Emma likes him. 

"Oh my god, that's me." He points at himself and then I see his eyes start tearing up. "She really likes me, right?" 

"Yes, darling. She started to fall in love with you long before you knew her." I  hug him and I watch a few tears streaming down his face. 

"I am going to put it to the fridge so anyone can see it. Oliver, come see the drawing Emma did for me. I'm sure she is going to draw you to, once she meets you." 

"That's going to be soon." I assure both Harry and his dog, Oliver. "Now, open my gift." 

I see him opening the gift I chose for him. He tears the wrapping paper apart and then I look better at the gift. It's a few books that I know he would like. He always tries to learn more and tries to improve himself so I bought him some books that I know he would like. A Bukowski's collection is the first one and then I see him pick up Bluets and Never let me go. A bought him a psychology book as well. 

"Thank you darling." 

"You're welcome. I've read all of them and I really enjoyed it. Hope you will like them too." 

We start to get the table ready because the guests will arrive in a few minutes. 

"Are there going to be a lot of people here tonight?"

"No, just the closest. You are going to meet bad boy Mitch tonight. You are going to love him, as well as Sarah. They are my best of friends in the entire world. They already like you, Harry and I have told them a lot about you. I bet they will ask you about Emma, they have a little one too." He starts ranting about his bestfriends.