-Chapter 6: Chad Charming-

I stomp into the dorm, throwing my bag onto the floor beside the couch and dropping onto the couch. "What's wrong with you?" Mal questions from where she is sitting at the small table. "Nothing." I mumble, trying to regain my bad girl composure. But I know that in front of my sister? It'll do absolutely nothing. "Lemme guess. Girl problems?" She asks, smirking. The gang knows I like girls. It's not a secret, really. Mom doesn't know. She thinks love is weak and not needed in a successful life. Sure, the folks at Auradon wouldn't know. Why would they? Even on the Isle, it's only really a rumour.

I don't answer my sister and she walks over, sitting beside me. "Okay, what's up?" She asks. "Nothing! Just worried for the safety of our overly nice and adorable princess." I say. "You mean your overly sweet princess." She says back. Mal and Evie hated each other. Well, Mal hated Evie more like. There was a time where Evie hosted a huge sixth birthday party, the whole Isle kids were basically invited, except Mal. I don't know why I was invited, but not my sister. I didn't go, or, I dropped off a gift but didn't stay long. But Mom found out and banished the girl to their house for 10 years. I felt bad, and I knew deep down, Mal did too. She didn't mean for the girl's life to basically be ruined because of that. Especially now that we know it wasn't even her decision. I would deliver snacks and games for entertainment to her castle during her time in banishment.

That was how we became so close. Mal knew but acted like she didn't care. One year age gap isn't that much on the Isle, so to Mal, she was basically the same age as us. Mentally at least. I would sneak to Evie's room and play board games with her for hours, or snack on treats while her mother isn't looking, or just chill together while I update her on anything she missed at school. Now that we're all friends, it's nice seeing us actually get along. All that drama is behind us now.

"So, what happened?" Mal asks. "Just Evie doing her thing. Or, her mother's thing. You know, finding a prince to marry?" I say, rolling my eyes. "Mhm. And this prince is...?" "Chad Charming. Son of Prince Charming and Cinderella." I mumble. "Kinda stupid." I add. Mal laughs out loud, tilting her head. "Okay, so what about Mr Charming." She asks. I sigh, leaning into the plush cushions of the couch. "She did this chemistry equation and he handed her a note, asking to meet her under the bleachers." I huff out, crossing my arms. "Someone's jealous." The purple haired girl notes, smirking. "Am not." I say, looking away to hide the blush forming on my cheeks. "Sure, sure. And if he asks her out?" She suggests, making my blood boil.

"Then he better run and hide." I mutter.

At that, the door to the dorms open and Evie saunters in, hefting a backpack, along with her own bag. "I'm back." She says, dropping the backpack onto the floor in her room and carefully placing her own bag on the bed. "Mhm. And why do you have a backpack?" I ask. "Oh! Chad asked me to do his homework for him so he has more time to hang out." She says casually. "Oh?" I ask, creating a plan in my mind to murder the boy. "Yeah, but first, I want to work on this dress." She says, sitting at a sewing machine that we had sent to our room and begins working. I always loved how creative the princess was. It was adorable to see her so focused on working and creating things.

I was about to say more when our door opened yet again, this time Jane walking in. Wait....Jane? I look over at Mal who just winks at me before standing. "Hey, Jane. What's up?" She asks. "Mom said ''If a boy can't see the beauty within, then he's not worth it." Can you believe it? What world does she live in?" Jane complains, sitting on one of the couches. "Auradon." Mal mutters as I chuckle. "Girls. Do you like?" Evie asks, holding up the dress she was finishing. I look up, glancing at the dress, a smile making its way onto my face. "Yeah it's cute." Mal says, half focusing as she had begun drawing in a sketchbook. Evie faces me, a smile on her face too. "It's adorable, E. Would look gorgeous on you. Brings out your eyes." I say. Evie, satisfied, nods, placing the dress back down. "I know." She notes.

"I'll never get a boyfriend." Jane groans. "Boyfriends are overrated." Mal notes. I nod in agreement, although for a different reason. "And how would you know, Mal? You've never had one." Evie says sarcastically. I raise an eyebrow at her and see her glance at me, smirking. "You're not like Y/N over here." She adds, speaking to Mal but looking at me. Jane looks at us, confused. "Wait, what makes Y/N different?" She asks, but gets ignored when Mal responds to Evie.

"It's cause I don't need one, E. They're a waste of time." She says. At that, Evie drops what she's doing. "I forgot to do Chad's homework! Oh, no! No, no, no, no." She says, running to get the backpack. "And that is exactly what I mean." Mal notes, earning a glare from Evie as she sets the papers down. Suddenly, our door opens, yet again. We need to lock it.

"Hey, guys! I'm Lonnie. My mom's Mulan?" She offers, earning empty glances. "No? Anyways, I love what you've done with Jane's hair. And I know you hate us, and, well, you're evil. But do you think you could do mine?" She asks, touching her hair. "Why would I do that for you?" Mal asks, raising an eyebrow, clearly not gonna do it. "I'll pay you 50 dollars." Lonnie says, holding a pouch of money.

"Good answer. I need to buy more material. Let's see, I'm thinking, we lose the bangs, maybe some layers and some highlights..." Evie tries before Lonnie waves her off. "Yeah, yeah. I want it cool." She says before looking at me. "Maybe even like Y/N." She says, making me raise my eyebrows. "Really?" Mal and I ask at the same time. "Better than Mal's split ends." Evie comments, smiling innocently. Lonnie smiles at Mal, who doesn't budge. So I grab the spellbook and flip the pages. "Okay..." I sigh as Evie smirks at me, wiggling the money pouch, knowing I can't say no to her. "Beware, forswear, replace the old with cool hair." I say, flicking my fingers as Lonnie's hair changes.

Once done, Evie looks at it with a critical eye. "I think it could be better. You know, layer it, highlights...." She says before Lonnie shakes her head. "No, no, no. I love it." She says looking at the mirror. "You do?" Evie asks, glancing at me as I smirk at her. "It's just..." She starts before looking down...and ripping her skirt. "Now I'm cool." She says, making us VKs smirk. "Like Ice." Mal comments as Jane walks over to the mirror, glancing at what Lonnie did before copying it.

Immediately after, she gasps. "What did I just do? Mom's gonna kill me!" She shrieks as I just laugh mentally, looking at the blue haired girl who shakes her head, a smile on her lips. Damn, Auradon girls are fun to mess with.

Word Count: 1266