-Chapter 7: Love Spell-

After a while, the Auradon girls leave, leaving us VK girls alone. Evie continues sewing her dress, now done with Chad's homework while I'm flipping through the spellbook, Mal just laying on her back on the couch.

The door opens, again, and the boys walk in. "Hey!" Carlos says, smiling. Mal waves back, I barely look up. "Did your plan work with Jane? Are you going over to see the wand?" He asks Me, then Mal. "Do you think Y/N would be going through every single spell in the book if it worked?" Mal asks, glancing at me. "Oh, someone's gonna be in a bad mood." He mutters. I look up from the book, glaring at him. "Mom's counting on us. We can't let her down." I say, Mal nodding. "We can do this...if we stick together." Jay says, randomly, completely out of character. That makes me look up properly, seeing his new Tourney jersey. "And we won't go back until we do." Mal adds, rolling her eyes. "Because we're rotten." She adds, making the rest of us smile. "To the core." We all say.

"Oh yeah, I found out that fairy godmother blesses Ben with the wand at coronation and we all get to go." Evie randomly says, not looking up. "I have nothing to wear, of course." She says before looking at me. I'm staring at her, wide eyed. "What?" She asks just as someone knocks. At least SOMEONE has manners. "Hold that thought. Mal, the door?" I say, making her groan, get up and open the door to see Ben.

"Hey, Mal. I didn't see you guys today. I was just wondering if you had any questions or anything....That...you needed." The prince says, awkwardly. "Not that I know of..." Mal says, turning to look at us. "Okay. All right. Well, uh, if you need anything, Just, uh..." Ben says awkwardly as I clear my throat, making Mal look at me. I nod to Evie's direction, hoping she understands.

"Oh, wait! Um, is it true that we all get to go to your coronation?" She asks, sweetly. "Yeah, the whole school goes." Ben replies, smiling. "Wow. That is beyond exciting." Mal says, smiling sweetly, trying to figure out a way to add more. "Do you think that it's a possibility that the five of us could stand in the front row next to the fairy godmother, just so we could...soak up all that goodness?" Mal asks, tilting her head. Ben smiles before sighing. "I wish you could. Up front it's just me, my folks and my girlfriend." He notes, making my ears perk up. "And your girlfriend?" I ask, sauntering to the door.

"Hey, Y/N." He says. I wave lightly before smirking. "So, yeah?" I push. "Yeah, I'm sorry." He says. I nod slowly, a plan forming in my mind. "Okay, thanks bye." I say, closing the door slowly as Ben speaks. "Oh, buy, no, there's plenty of-" I close the door, turning as Mal eyes me. "I think it's time that Bennyboo got himself a new girlfriend." I say, eyeing Mal who realises what I mean. "Wait, no." Mal says before I smirk. "And I need a love spell."

___________________

I grab the spellbook, my light blue jacket and open the door. "Come on, gang. We've got some baking to do."

We all head to the kitchen. I call out ingredients while the others scramble to grab them. I take a bowl, following the instructions, and mix ingredients into the bowl. "All right, it says that we still need one tear, and I never cry." Mal reads from over my shoulder. "Let's just chop up some onions." Carlos suggests, grabbing said onion. "No. It says that we need one tear of human sadness." I correct, mixing the batter. "And this love potion gets the best reviews, so we have to follow it exactly." Mal adds. "A tear's a tear." Jay says, shrugging.

Evie shakes her head beside me, leaning on an arm as she speaks. "That's not true, Jay. They both have antibodies and enzymes, but an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear." She says, as if it was obvious. I've heard about something like that back at Dragon's Hall, but definitely not in detail. Jay looks dumbfounded for a moment. "Listen to you." I say, smirking. "Yeah, I knew that." Jay says, shrugging. He did not.