-Chapter 10: If Only-

(A/N: Alright, I'm changing something here so that you're the one singing If Only and have altered the words slightly.)

"I'm gonna finish off my dress." Evie says before turning away and starting the machine. I stare at the mirror, at Mal's smiling face. I've never seen her this happy before. I think, then look over at the back of the blue haired princess's head and smile to myself. I've never been this happy before. Are we sure we're doing the right thing? I question, feeling bad about our plan for the Coronation. I sigh, closing my eyes as I mutter a spell. "Freeze this moment, make them stay. I'll clap when it can go away." I say before opening my eyes to silence. I look in the mirror to see Ben and Mal, huddling together after Ben had emerged from the water, but frozen in their spots. My eyes go to Evie who is frozen in her place, in the middle of sewing her dress.

"A million thoughts in my head, should I let my heart keep listening. Cause up till now, I've walked the line, nothing lost but something missing." I sing, gazing at how happy Mal is. "I can't decide what's wrong, what's right. Which way should I go?" I stand, walking to the window and gazing out at the happy Auradon, catching a glimpse of Jay and Carlos at Tourney practice, also frozen. "If only I knew what my heart was telling me. Don't know what I'm feeling. Is this just a dream? If only I could read the signs in front of me. I could find the way to who I'm meant to be. Oh oh, if only." I turn to look at Evie.

"Every step, every word. With every hour I'm falling. To someone bright, someone brave, to someone here, and always been. I can't decide what's wrong, what's right, which way should I go?" I sigh, turning away. "If only I knew what my heart was telling me. Don't know what I'm feeling, is this just a dream? Ah oh, yeah. If only I could read the signs in front of me. I could find the way to who I'm meant to be, ah oh, if only. Yeah!"

"If only." I walk to the girl, walking in front of her and gazing into her eyes. "Would you, love me, if I, said what I want to say?" I sing to her before looking in the mirror at the love couple. I narrow my gaze to Ben, the one who only loves her due to that goddamn cookie before looking at Mal who had fallen for him, knowing the circumstances "Will he, love her, even when the magic fades away?" I sing and question before sighing and lifting a hand to Evie's face. "If only I knew what my heart was telling me. Don't know what I'm feeling. Is this just a dream? Ah oh." I walk back to the couch where I was sitting. "If only I could read the signs in front of me. I could find the way to who I'm meant to be, ah oh. If only, yeah."

I clap my hands, making everything unfreeze and Evie's machine's sound fills the air. In the mirror, I see Ben play with Mal's hair as they look at each other. I smile, walking to Evie and sitting in front of her. "They're cute." I mutter. She looks at me and smiles. "They are."

_________________

Evie moved to her room after that, refusing to let me see the dress. "C'mon, pleeeese?" I ask, pouting. "Nope." She says, shutting her door as she meets me in the living room area. I continue pouting at her and she chuckles. "No, Y/N. Put the pout away." She says, reaching out and stroking my cheek with her thumb. I stop pouting immediately, trying to contain myself instead. "We have class." Mal says as she emerges from her room. She doesn't look our way but still goes "No PDA you two." before walking out the front door. I see a blush rise on Evie's cheeks and I smirk. "What? Were you planning to do some PDA?" I ask her, causing her to slap my arm lightly.

We go to class, which is Remedial Goodness 101. Yay...

We sit down. Mal is sitting behind me because she prefers to be 'alone'. Aka, trying to keep up her too cool for school act. I sit with Evie and lean back, tipping my chair back slightly. "Children, excuse me. Um, as you know, uh, this Sunday is family day here at Auradon Prep. And because your parents can't be here due to, uh, distance, we've arranged for a special treat." Fairy Godmother says as she gestures for us to go to the front. We slowly get up as a screen turns on.