-Chapter 14: Five Hearts as One-

Go away, mother." I say, watching as she laughs. "She's funny. Oh! I'm so...you're very funny." She says, laughing before going serious again. "Here. Wand me. Chop chop." She says, holding out her hand. I move as if I'm giving it to her before throwing it to Fairy Godmother. "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-"

"Boo." Maleficent cuts her off. She freezes in place, as does all the Auradonians. "Psych!" She says before laughing. Mother approaches the former King and takes off his glasses. "Ooh, in another time, in another time." She says, looking at him seductively before putting the glasses  back on, wonky. Ew... She hums her song as she approaches Fairy Godmother. "Oh. Oh, no. Someone needs to pluck their nose hairs." She says, before taking the wand from the fairy's hand and using it to push the fairy's nose. She then walks away, walking towards Ben and Belle. "Where shall we begin? I know. Why don't we start by getting rid of this?" She says before waving the wand, making Mal's ring fly from her finger to the wand. "Perfect fit!" Maleficent shouts as Mal looks sadly to her finger. I put my hand on her shoulder, silently reassuring her as Maleficent walks to Belle and Ben, ducking under Fairy Godmother's hand.

"Oh, excuse me. Pardon me. Excuse me. The horns, the horns!" She says as she does before arriving at Ben. "Aw...falling in love is weak." She says, turning Ben's face to her, tilting his crown and turning his face back, all while he is frozen. "And ridiculous. It's not what you want." She says. "You don't know what I want!" Mal shouts. "Have you ever once asked us what we want? We're not you!" Mal says. "Obviously. I've had years and years and years and... years of practice being evil. You'll get there!" She says excitedly. "No, we will not. And I really wish that you had never gotten there yourself." I say, stepping in front of my sister, shielding her.

"Love is not weak or ridiculous. It's actually really amazing." I say, sneaking a glance to Evie who is beside us. I also see Mal glance at me with confusion and interest. She had always assumed I wouldn't act on love even if I felt it. "I know one thing, young lady. You two have no room for love in your lives!" Maleficent shouts. I glare at her, letting my eyes shine. "And now I command, wand to my hand!" I shout, holding my hand out. I see mother struggle against the magic for a bit before the wand flies into my hand and I gasp. "It worked!" I say, smiling as I look at Mal. "I hardly think so. Frankly, this is tedious and very immature." Mom says, getting worked up.

"Give me the wand. Give me the wand!" Mom shouts, walking closer to us as we stand our ground. Carlos stands beside me, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Hold on, Y/N. maybe good really is more powerful than evil." He says as we glare at my mother, who is now laughing. "Oh, please! You're killing me!" She says before barking at Carlos. In return, Dude jumps on Maleficent, irritating her. "Oh, the breath! The breath! Get off me!" She says, pushing Dude away.

Using the distraction, Jay steps forward, grabbing her staff with both hands. Strength doesn't beat magic, however, so Mother uses her powers, her eyes glowing green as she stares into Jay's eyes. He is somewhat dazed, unable to pull away as mom, very weirdly, feels his arms. "Gaston should be jealous." She says, smirking. I want to gag, it's kinda disgusting cause I see Jay as a brother. I feel Mal and Evie behind me as we see Maleficent flick Jay's head, sending him flying onto the floor.

Maleficent steps back, glaring at all of us. "Enough! You all will regret this!" She shouts before purple smoke fills the air and a loud roar is head. Oh crap. Mother turns into her dragon form, roaring and glaring at all of us. "Come on. Run! Jay run!" Carlos shouts as the dragon breathes fire onto where Jay once was. We all run further into the room as Mom focuses on Jay before he runs after us. "Hurry, Jay! Hurry, hurry, hurry!" Mal shouts. "Watch it, Jay! Come on, Please, Jay!" I shout as Jay sprints. Once he makes it to us, Evie pushes us behind her. "No, Evie!" I say as she holds up her mirror. "Magic mirror, show your bright light!" She shouts, making a burst of light shine into the dragon's eyes as it shrieks and goes down. I grab Evie's hand and pull her behind me. "Get behind me, Evie!" I shout as I stand in front. "Leave my real family alone!" I shout as I stare into the cold eyes of my mother. "This is between us mom." I say.