43 | Set Fire To the Rain

I'm saying it again, please leave comments.

Taehyung was leaning against the door, staring down at his feet. Joy watched him silently until he finally raised his eyes and looked up at her. He glanced toward the living room, then kicks the door shut and walked toward her. Every step closer he took, the more she pressed herself into the table behind her, making an attempt to back away from the intensity in his eyes, even though she couldn't very well go anywhere.

He reached her. "Stop. Stop over thinking. I'll explain."

"Explain what? That you didn't register our marriage because I'm no one? That you made fool of me?" Her quiet voice was like an arrow piercing in the silence. "I had my doubts on why would you want to marry me? There has to be a reason. I mean I'm no one. No Capo's daughter to strengthen the alliance. You proved me right. You kept me here for a reason, but that reason wasn't big enough to marry me real. No?"

"How much do you know about the blood oath?"

Joy shook her head. "It doesn't matter." She took a deep breath. "Suho, my brother can take care of me. You go, get married and carry on your Capo responsibility. Just let me be. Alright?"

"No."

"No?"

His eyes held a raging storm, but Joy didn't take her words back. She was sick. Sick of his games. Sick of being in the dark. Sick of everything. She didn't want to be a pawn anymore. They could get Fucked in this game of thrones for all she cared.

"I want you by my side."

"As your mistress." A bitter chuckle escaped her lips. "No, thank you." She turned away and walked to the window. "Leave." This time she could show him the door. She was under her brother's protection after all. "Leave and don't come back."

"Joy, I -" A shrill of ringtone broke the moment. Taehyung ignored it. "Lisa is important to get the plan going. This is bigger than you can imagine-"

"Then tell me!" She turned around to face him. "Tell me what the hell is going on. Tell me so that I can understand. Or leave the fuck from my life. How many chances should I give you?"

Joy thought he would snap, lecture her on her manners and what not, but he only stared. His steps were measured as he walked towards her slowly. She snapped her spine straight, ready for whatever he threw in her way, but she wasn't prepared for what he did next.

Taehyung kneeled down on one knee. "You're my wife, and you'll remain so. A piece of paper never mattered to me, but if it does to you, then I'll register the marriage. Give me some time. My familla needs this supposed reunion. It won't ever go through the last step, just a scare off to our enemies." He took her hand in his. "Your past is linked to our enemies, and yes, I initially kept you in hopes to hold you against them as a weapon, but Park Joy..."

She gulped when his green eyes met hers.

"You're my madame. My familia queen, and you've earned everyone's respect in every way possible. I won't let you go. And, if... you don't want me to go through this plan, then I'm okay to withdraw and tell the boss so."

"You will?" She sucked a sharp breath. His eyes held truth in that moment. "Why?"

"Because nothing matters if you won't be here by my side at the end of it."

His phone again chimed. And then notifications kept coming. She chuckled when he flickered his gaze to the pocket of his jacket, but didn't pick up the call or saw messages. Joy sat on her knee and covered his hand with hers.

"I don't trust you. Not until everything about my past and your motive is clear to me. But..." She sighed. "I know your Familla is important to you, and you need Lisa for some reason. Go for it. But, I expect truth, Taehyung. On every step of it."