23 | You Ruined Everything Good

Guys, there are 100+ reads on every chapter, but hardly 5 people are in the comment section. It takes a lot of effort and time to write a chapter. You can at least show with comments how you're liking the story. Please take a few minutes and leave your thoughts here. I really love reading them. Thank you.

"Stay back."

Joy used to think about death oftentimes. Being a shadow of Hera had certain disadvantages, and as Joy's safety concerns came last in the clan, she was sure that she would die protecting Hera someday. It was her job after all, but in all those horrible scenarios, she was shot dead instead of Hera, not thrown into a den of wolves.

"I... I can explain," she started, but one look from the boss sealed her lips.

Taehyung wanted to interfere, but honour dictate he should leave his fiance to his boss's mercy. She committed betrayal after all. His grip on her waist loosened slowly, and she looked up at him, begging him to not let her go. His eyes assessed her.

He had warned her. Warned her enough for her to understand the fucked world of mafia. Still she went behind his back and formed a plan that could cost her more than she could've ever imagined. Still she chose to defy. Defy him of all people. Defy Cosa Nostra. Defy the boss.

"I should have a word with her first, considering I'm the fiance." Taehyung finally looked at Kyungsoo.

Other higher-ups were watching the scene intently. Taehyung could stir in a trouble by talking against the boss, but being a cousin did give him an advantage in the situation. Kyungsoo didn't share the belief though as he shook his head.

"If what Hera said is true, your fiance needs to be put down. Her clever mind isn't what Sal-inja needs."

Joy glanced at Baekhyun. The consigliere expression scared her. She had grown to like him. Perhaps she too easily forgotten what kind of man he was. Or every made man in her world. He won't help her. No one would. Then she looked at Hera who had paled after realizing her mistake. It was of no use though. She had signed Joy's death certificate with this action.

"Is Hera telling the truth?" Taehyung stepped away from her, and Baekhyun slowly went behind Joy in case the Capo lost his cool, because that look in his eyes…it scared even consigliere shitless.

"I... Taehyung... I can explain." Joy didn't know what to explain. What to say. Sal-inja higher-ups were here. There was no way she could get out of it unscathed.

"Explain then," he said in a voice she had never heard from him. Low, dark, on the verge of breaking.

Her startled gaze caught his. Taehyung looked like he wanted to kill her then and there. His open display of emotions told her clearly what she had done. Betrayal. They had a bitter past. She started on a wrong step with the men, but slowly, she started sharing laughs with them. Feeling like she belonged somewhere. Going places.

Now she ruined everything good.

"Taehyung." Baekhyun could see how tensed his friend had become.

"Not now, consigliere."

"Capo. I was involved in the plan. I had asked Joy to do this." The lie rolled off his tongue smoothly. "Boss." He turned to Kyungsoo. "I didn't trust Hera, so I asked Joy to provoke my fiance, and offer her an escape, so that we know what really was in her mind. I didn't want to marry a traitor you see."

Kyungsoo stared at Baekhyun and smiled before turning to others. "Our consigliere is one mischievous guy. Leave gentlemen." He waited until everyone was out, aside from the house members. "Now now... Give me the truth."