15 | Deja Vu

Due to a change in the storyline, I'm swapping Yeji with Ryujin. Yeji is the fiance of Soobin. It's a short quick update. Please leave votes and comments if you are liking this story. That would be wonderful for me!

Kyungsoo stepped into the main hall with his wife, Moonbyul. Seokjin, and Hoseok the enforcer beside them like a shadow. People stopped the chatter and turned to the guests of the night. Joy and Hera disappeared to dress up for the main event and Taehyung and Baekhyun tilted their glasses towards the Familia Capo dei Capi.

"Boss." Heads were bowed, smiles were given. Moonbyul stayed stiff, giving people her natural tight smile as she nodded in greeting. Kyungsoo, however, only stared.

"Greetings to the Capo dei Capi." Kai strolled to the man, and watched with a raised eyebrows when Jin led Moonbyul away from the scene almost immediately. Hoseok stayed rooted in the place. "I mean no harm to your wife. I've one for myself already."

A slow scary smile graced Kyungsoo's face as he shook hands with the outfit boss. "Congratulations on taking over the throne. Though I won't say I'm surprised by the event since you have always been a predictable man. I had seen it coming."

"Had you?" Kai raised his brows.

He only smiled. "It was brave of you to come here, considering the number of attacks you have made on us in the past couple of weeks."

"That was my father." He shrugged and noticed the glance Kyungsoo threw at Capo Mujabihan, who was talking to Yeonjun, the second in command, a few feet away. "You're predictable too."

Kyungsoo met his eyes again. "Am I?"

Kai pursued his lips. "Mr Ji has sided with us-"

"By betraying Cosa Nostra." He tilted his head. "If you're as intelligent as you let on, you must know the basics and the first thing I would ask of you when talking about the peace you want between the organizations."

Taehyung joined the conversation then. "Boss." He nodded and turned to Kai. "I hope my boss has cleared the air around the whole peace thing."

"You Sal-inja clan is full of petty things."

His lips twitched. "I would take that as a compliment."

"Not only Capo Mujabihan but there is his partner in crime too. Officer Park." Kyungsoo shook his head. "As you said we're petty people. Can't let anyone go that easily."

"Capo Taehyung, are you okay with slaughtering your father in law?" Kai questioned comically.

"Why not?" Sal-inja Capo raised his glass, and smirked. "That would be fun."

"Where is the consigliere?" Kyungsoo asked and was told that Baekhyun went to have a chit chat with the security department. "As long as he is not fucking his fiance, it's alright."

Hoseok who had been listening to the conversation for a while resisted a tiring sigh. His eyes went to Jisoo, the closest friend of the boss, who had just entered the party. He smiled, but controlled his expressions.

Jisoo saw the scene and adjusted her glasses before going straight to the group. Something many people would be wary of. "Gentlemen." Her smile eased the tension.

Kyungsoo wrapped an arm around her. "You're late to the party."

Kai chuckled and shrugged when Kyungsoo gave him a look. Taehyung excused himself as well as Kai, "We'll talk about it later, Capo dei Capi."