1 | Normal People

Kyungsoo entered the house.

Capo Taehyung and now returned consigliere Baekhyun walked behind him. Both were in a deep conversation on the plan execution of the night, while Soobin massaged his temples, thinking about the chaos that was going to happen after the kidnapping of the targeted girls. Being an underboss, he had to support the clan as well as arrange the situation so that everything goes smoothly.

"Sir." One of the staff members took off Kyungsoo's coat and other handed him a glass of wine. He sat on the couch, crossing his legs.

"Where's she?" He asked, and the staff lady rubbed her hands nervously, glancing upstairs. "Ask her to join us for refreshments. Now."

Taehyung stopped and turned to look at Kyungsoo. His eyes full of disapproval, but the latter just sipped his wine, not giving a fuck what his cousin thought of him. He was the boss. Capo di capi. Boss of all the bosses.

Baekhyun sighed. "You don't have to do this, you know. She's already scared of you."

"I don't want your opinion on how to handle my wife, consigliere." Kyungsoo kept his eyes on the top of the stairs, waiting for the woman to appear there. "You two focus on how to impress these girls you're kidnapping. I don't want any public fuss. Alright?"

Baekhyun curled his hands into fists. "She's my sister-"

"And, I'm your boss." Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows. "You don't question your boss."

Before Baekhyun could further comment, Taehyung jumped in. "I'm going for Hyeran and Baekhyun for Sooyoung. Do you want anything else done? Like leave a warning message or something?" he asked. He was a Capo, but even he had a boss over him.

Kyungsoo frowned. He knew what his cousin was trying to do, and wanted to tell him that he wasn't easy to manipulate, but seeing the pleading look on Taehyung's face, he dropped the topic. "No message for now. Let them try to find the girls for a few hours. I want them to suffer."

Baekhyun didn't say anything. He knew he was going to start a fight with his boss if he opened his mouth, and it wasn't honorable. Disrespecting your boss, no matter how friendly you two were behind the scenes, it was frowned upon. Footsteps clinked on the floor, and he looked up to see his sister there on the top of the stairs.

Moonbyul looked scared. His eyes zoomed at her hands and how they were trembling in fear. She was struggling to keep herself in check. It made his blood boil. "Sister in law!" Taehyung stood up and went to hug her. She remained steel in his arms and smiled a bit when he stepped back.

"Hi." She lowered her eyes. Baekhyun stood up and went to kiss her forehead. She closed her eyes and hugged him. "How are you?" she almost whispered.

"It has been a month since we got married. Get over this behavior already. It's embarrassing." Kyungsoo ran a hand down his face. "Jin!" He called over his wife's bodyguard.

Seokjin came down the stairs and Kyungsoo tilted his head in a signal. "Ma'am, please come upstairs," Jin said gently. Moonbyul was a very easily startled person. He knew that. Her husband of one month knew that too but acted like he didn't.

"I'll visit you later. We'll talk then." Baekhyun gave a nod to Kyungsoo and walked out of the house. Moonbyul also went to her bodyguard. Taehyung stood up, and took a deep breath. He also said his goodbyes and followed his friend out. Soobin, who had been silent this whole time, glanced at the boss and looked down at once.

"You've anything to say, Soobin?" Kyungsoo was intimidating. No matter how cute face he had, his aura was deadly. "Say it out loud."

Soobin wanted to cower under his gaze, but didn't. He was an underboss. "I want Sal-inja to stay with their motto. We don't hurt children and innocents."