38 | Midnight Rain

Nobody talked about what happened in the ceremony.

The young Mujabihan princess, Wonyoung was curious though. Her bodyguard dragged her away from that hall, but something had happened there. She just knew it. She saw her brother entering the common hall with the boss. Just then, Yeji came out from the kitchen, almost running. Soobin was behind her, and they were laughing about something.

Wonyoung watched as Yeonjun stared at the Sal-inja princess, and frowned. She stared back at Yeji and she was still slumped against the wall, breathing harshly, and completely oblivious to how her cousin brother was looking at her as if she was at the top of his shit list.

"Don't know what you're thinking, but no discussion on this. Got it?" Kai stood beside her, and she at once bowed her head. "Good girl. Go and get some sleep. We're leaving early morning."

He then went to Yeonjun. "Wonny is brilliant with reading people. Be careful around her."

Yeonjun cooled down his features. "When is my marriage happening? Our next step has to be established soon."

"Soobin will do the job probably by tonight, and then Kyungsoo will propose you as a potential partner." Kai smiled. "Until then, keep your feelings in your cave, boy."

"Yes, boss." He rolled his eyes, and looked around. "Capo and Joy not joining us for dinner?"

Boss Mujabihan shook his head. "No idea."

On the other hand, Kyungsoo came in the way of Joy who was rushing to her room. "You actually went through it." There was a curiosity as well as shock on his face. "You trusted my word."

Joy and Taehyung had already bid their goodbyes to the guests, and she just wanted to sleep now, but of course, Kyungsoo had to have the last word. Taehyung might have eavesdropped on her father and her conversation, but he had no idea that it was the boss who hit the nail, and sealed the fate of Mr Park.

A tear slipped her eye. "My father had a reason to lie. Not you."

Kyungsoo nodded slowly. "Taehyung never killed your parents. Your so called father did, Joy. He had no intention of taking you as well, but..."

"Then he got a reason. The same reason you have."

"What do you mean?"

Joy chuckled sadly. "I know there's something that you need from me. I know I play a role in your chess board. You made your capo marry a commoner, me for no reason? I doubt it, boss." Footsteps came from the other side and Taehyung appeared in the end of hallway. "Someday I hope that you'll trust me enough to tell me the whole story."

With that she went to her room's direction with Taehyung on her heels.

"Why?" He asked. She stopped, and turned to face him.

"Why what?"

"Why did you choose me?"

There was something in his voice, close to hope, but she discarded the thought immediately. What was she even thinking? For him to act human? To feel? All the impossible things? She shook her head, and tried to walk past him, but he held her hand and pulled her back to face him.

"Tell me."

"Because you were not in the wrong. Kyungsoo eavesdropped and told me that you did... you had no relation with my parents death. It was my... my father."

"I should feel glad then. Either it would have been me, slaughtered like a pig there."

"Good for you." Her eyes were red, and he knew, he just knew that she had cried in her washroom break. "I still want a full story someday. I want to know about my past."