24 | Sell Your Soul

Hera took another step back.

Baekhyun pulled out a knife, and caressed the tip as if admiring the weapon. "I thought for a long time and came to a conclusion that fear doesn't scare you."

His cold eyes went to her and she almost stopped breathing when saw the extent of cruelty in them. "What do you mean?"

"You've grown accustomed to fear. It doesn't scare you." His gaze narrowed. "I wonder why, but again I don't give a fuck. So I came up with a different punishment for you." He typed something on the phone and then put on a video for her to watch.

Hera jumped, covering her eyes when saw the glimpse of a man torturing another one. Blood. Screams. Heavy breathing. Darkness. Everything she hated was there. The voices diminished as he put the phone back into his pocket.

"What shit are you on?" She peeked, taking another step back and plastered herself against the wall. "Have... Have you seen yourself? Of course I fear you."

Baekhyun shook his head, smiling. "No, you don't. You're scared of your attraction towards me, but you don't fear me." He went to the door, away from her and she frowned, not knowing what he was playing at. "So I asked what could actually bring you to your knees, and boom, love."

Her frowned deepened. "I don't love you."

"You don't, but you love someone." The consigliere dropped the smile, and opened the door. Soobin was standing on the other side, he nodded and walked away. "And, love is your weakness, Ji Hera."

Her name rolled over his tongue like a curse, and she shivered. In a few seconds, Soobin brought a young girl to their room. Not just any girl. Her cousin. Wonyoung. The said girl lit up when saw Hera as she crossed the room, and hugged her tightly while she stood there in shock. Baekhyun was smiling, but something bad settled in her stomach. Wonyoung shouldn't be here. No.

"You should leave," Hera's voice came as a haunted whisper as she pulled away from Wonyoung harshly. "Why are you here? Leave. Who brought you here? Yeonjun? I'll make necessary arrangements-"

"Unnie..." Wonyoung said in a small voice. "Aren't you happy to see me? I missed you."

She was. Hera wanted to be happy to see her little cousin after a long time, but she was scared too. Scared of what her fiance, soon to be husband, had planned for her. Hera had practically raised Wonyoung, and she would die if something bad happened to her cousin because of her foolishness. Because of her bitterness.

"Your sister must be in shock, Wonyoung." Baekhyun smiled easily and Hera almost forgot the type of person he was there. He looked approachable with that kind of aura, but she knew better than to believe it. "Aren't you my love?" He asked, almost mockingly and she glared at him.

Soobin jumped to cut off the couple's stare show. "Yeonjun is downstairs. Wonyoung, you should go and take a seat with other guests now."

"Wedding arrangements are in the garden. I'll accompany you." Baekhyun patted her head gently. "Till then go downstairs. I'll meet you there in a minute."

The young girl looked back and forth between the couple. Women weren't allowed to know business, so she had no idea about the depth of how mob life worked or how miserable one's wedding day could be. Still, she tried to smile as she left the room with Soobin.

The tension was back in the place as Hera went to Baekhyun, no longer afraid. She grabbed him by his jacket, pulling him down to her eye level. His lips twitched as if he wanted to laugh. He had gotten her just where he wanted.

"What are you planning to do with her?" Hera growled. "I'm warning you if-"

"Oh I'm not doing anything." His warm hands covered hers as he shrugged off her hold. "Remember the guy you were supposed to go on a date with? A month ago? That's the guy you saw on the video, love. He was torturing someone."

Her heart started pounding loudly. She didn't like the turn her thoughts had taken. "What are you getting at?"

"You were promised to one of the Underboss from the Outfit as a sacred lamb. As a treaty between the outfit and Mujabihan." Baekhyun's figure hovered over her. "Your father made a deal."

"Stop. You're lying. I don't want to hear your bullshit." She tried to cover her ears, but he held her by elbows and pulled her against him.

"Oh you're hearing this. Your father betrayed us and went to Outfit. He promised you, the pure little girl who was the daughter of one of the feared Capo in the country." He smirked. "Unfortunately, I came along and swept you off your feet."

"No... Baekhyun, don't say it..." Tears welled up her eyes.

"Your father had to keep a face in the clan, so he offered one of his own as a replacement of you. Guess whom did he choose?"

"That man..." Hera's eyes turned frantic. "He looked old-"

"45 to be exact."

"Baekhyun, my cousin is 16!" She screamed at his face. "Oh my God. Oh my God." Placing her hands over her head, she paced back and forth in the room while he looked at her, almost amused. "What to do? I can't... Oh my God."

"Ah.. It's good to see you like this." Baekhyun took a seat in bed, enjoying her misery.

Hera whirled on him, on the verge of snarling into his face but stopped herself. She was her only chance, regardless of how ridiculous that sounded. "You didn't tell me this to torment me, but to hold something over my head.... What do you want? Do you.. Do you want me to beg?"

"That's considerable." His smile widened.

Swallowing her pride, she fell on her knees, and folded her hands. "I'm begging you. Please save-"

"It's outfit business. If not today then tomorrow your father is going to give her to someone." Baekhyun's gaze was cautious as he regarded her. "And, I watch people beg for mercy on daily basis, I don't want that show at my home too."

"Then what do you want?" Hera wiped her tears and got up when he stood, ready to leave the room. "Baekhyun..." She grabbed his arm, her grip tightening. "Do whatever you want to do to me. Cut me. Burn me. Whatever, but save my cousin. I know you can save her from this fate, and you clearly knew that I would ask you for this. So do it. Tell me what I gotta to do to-"

"Bow down to Sal-inja," Baekhyun whispered and she stilled. "Your soul is still attached to the outer world, Hera. I want the whole you to bow down to us. Our power."

"You want me to pretend?"

A scary smile covered his face. "However you see fit. But, remember the moment you show disrespect is the moment I'll go on a nasty way to get you begging again. The next time won't be pretty."

"I have been manipulated my whole life. Everyone has lied to me. I didn't want to... hurt Joy today." Her voice wavered. "I... I didn't want any of that, but I don't know how to trust... how to trust anyone anymore."

"I'm not here to discuss your trust issues." He shrugged. "Zero fucks to give."

Hera bit her lip. Mafia. Made man. No emotions. No connection. Why was she forgetting it again and again? She cleared her throat, and asked, "Is that all you want from me?"

His eyes moved back up. He pulled her sharply against him and kissed her fiercely, brutally. Then he pulled away, his lips were an inch from hers and he was breathing harshly, his eyes like molten steel.

"Do you think that I'll let you off the hook just like that? The hell just started, my love. Go and change now. We have a wedding to do in an hour" Patting her cheek, he walked out of the door, leaving her breathless and confused. She felt like she just made a deal with the devil himself.

Oh who was she kidding? She definitely made a deal with the devil.

_____________________

Thank you for all the comments on the last chapter. Please keep reviewing the story. I really enjoy reading comments and writing this story with you guys! Thank you ♥️