22 | Cosa Nostra

After the meeting with the soldiers, Soobin was on his way to the Capo's residence. He stepped down the car, and walked into the living room, when heard steps behind him. He turned, finding Baekhyun walking his way, the phone pressed against his ear and a thunderous look on his face.

Before he could ask him what had crawled up his ass, Taehyung came into the scene, a fierce look on his face. "You need to calm the fuck down, consigliere."

"I want her here. Now. I don't give a fuck about dress fitting. She'll survive either way," Baekhyun growled over the call. "I want her here!" Then he lowered the phone, and saw Soobin. "Underboss."

"I take it the oath ceremony didn't go well," Soobin murmured.

"Not now," Taehyung said sharply. "It's already a miracle that the higher-ups didn't put a bullet in Hera's head when she didn't finish the oath in her first attempt."

Baekhyun pressed his fingers over his forehead. "I had specifically asked Joy to warn Hera. What the fuck was she doing?"

"I'm sorry that your fiance is stupid enough to ignore warnings. Joy did her best."

"I wouldn't put it past her," He mumbled. "There are two more traditions, and I don't expect her to go through them without freak the fuck out. Do you think maybe we should skip them under special privilege?"

Soobin made a face. "Kyungsoo will be honoured to slice you to pieces as a special privilege if you suggested that, consigliere." He opened his mouth to say more but stopped when saw girls entering through the front door.

"No." Joy jumped into action when Baekhyun rushed to Hera. She held his arm, her knuckles turned white from her grip on his wrist. "Baek, please..."

He could have shaken her off with ease but he didn’t move. "Sister-in-law, you're going to be my Capo's wife, and honour dictate my respect for you, but you need to let me go, and stay out of it."

Hera stepped back from the scene slowly. "Why are you mad? Things went well. The oath happened."

Taehyung stepped forward. "Soobin, take Hera to her room," he ordered, and she didn't look back in case he changed his mind, and ran upstairs. Soobin followed to guard her. Then Taehyung's hand grasped Joy's as he pulled her away from Baekhyun. "Go and change. Second ritual is going to start in a few."

Joy wanted to say something but then decided against it. Hera was fucking things up royally, and this time begging for a mercy on her behalf seemed pointless. Sighing, she turned and went upstairs, leaving the two men alone in the living room.

"Baek, honour dictates that I don't get mingled with my clan's members marriage." Taehyung clasped his shoulders.

Baekhyun tried walking past him. "Then let me have a word with her."

The capo grasped his arm and pushed him back. "But as your Capo, I must get involved with this matter. You will stay away from her until wedding-"

"Tae-"

"You intimidate her, Baek. She could be fucking up things only to piss you off! This marriage has to happen, and you can't let your anger get in the way of our mission."

"Don't you think I fucking know that? But she's on a suicide mission, Taehyung! They would have killed her if I hadn't taken the lead."

"I know. I've seen women being shot at church for not going through the oath, and I also know Hera's reluctance would have gotten her killed since she's from the enemy clan." Taehyung sighed. "That's why I had asked Joy to do the task of handling her."

"The next two traditions are worse than this one. We might have her dead before the wedding if she did something wrong this time." Baekhyun ran a hand through his hair. "Boss will be there. He'll take the matter in his hands."