027. the fountain of youth

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

  ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

    Young and Beautiful: Lana Del Ray

I head over to the bleachers and take off my backpack before sitting down. I take out my book and I lean my arms over my knees, continuing where I had left off.

"Hey, Brianna." Lana greets as her and Chrissy make signs for Spirit Week.

"Hey." I grin. "Hey, Chrissy."

"Hey, Brianna." Chrissy smiles and I look up at the sound of a whistle being blown.

"Okay, take five. Kent, Turner, you're in the final." Coach Connor announces.

"He's a hottie, isn't he? Look at him."

"Who, Clark?" Lana questions.

"It's too early in the morning to barf." I turn a page and she chuckles.

"Oh, c'mon, Lana." Chrissy laughs.

"Chrissy, Clark and I are just friends." Lana tells her.

"Right. So, what do you think?"

"Awesome."

"I'm gonna ask the new principal if we can hang it in the middle of the cafeteria."

"You have really thrown yourself into Spirit Week, Chrissy. I am impressed."

"Well, these are the best times of our lives. Isn't that what they say?"

"To be honest, I had forgotten how much fun this can be. I'm really looking forward to it."

"Chrissy! Hey, baby." A boy walks over from the corner of my eye.

"Hey, Troy! You're dripping on my sign. Don't you have another race?" Chrissy pushes him back.

"Finals. I need a good luck kiss."

"Go. I can finish up here." Lana assures.

"Thanks. Follow me." She gets up and leads him away.

"Not a problem." Troy grins.

"What do you think?" Lana shows me her sign.

"My wife has many talents." I grin and she sends me a smile before the whistle is blown again.

"Alright, boys. This one's for bragging rights. The fastest in the school." Coach Connor inquires.

I now look up, meeting Clark's stare on me as he stands on the diving board. I raise my hand up and he mimics the action before I flip him off. I send a mocking grin before looking back at my book. I push some hair out of my face and then turn another page.

"Swimmers, take your marks. Three, two, one!" He blows the whistle.

"Troy? Hey! Hey! Troy!" Chrissy yells and I look up to see Troy going under the water. "Somebody help him! Troy!"