052. driving mister crazy

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

    Hurt: Johnny Cash

"Your parents should be walking in any second now." I break the silence as we sit on his bed with our backs against the post.

"What?" Clark questions.

"It's teen melodrama 101. The mom or dad always comes in to see the guy and girl in the bed together. C'mon, we're already on season three of Dawson's Creek, you should get with the program by now." I turn back to Pacey and Joey arguing on the tv.

"There's no reason for them to come in. Besides, they trust you."

"So what you're saying is that I could suffocate you, shove your body under the bed, go out through the window and get away with it." I keep my eyes on the tv.

"Yep." Clark replies and I turn before we share a grin.

"Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep that one in the cards." I cross my arms before looking back at the tv.

"So it really didn't work when Seth touched you?"

"No." I half whisper. "I had my hoodie on, so, I didn't feel anything. I just played along."

"That was very brave. You saved a lot of people from getting hurt. Sorry I ruined it."

"You didn't ruin anything. You couldn't of known."

"I should've. You were right. After everything, you'd be the one convincing the dark side."

"I can't wait to force you to watch all five movies."

"There's five of them?"

"A New Hope, 1977, The Empire Strikes Back, 1980, Return of the Jedi, 1983, The Phantom Menace, 1999 and Attack of the Clones, 2002." I nod.

"Please tell me that's it."

"I think another one is in the works if I'm not mistaken." I pull the blanket up to stomach before crossing my arms again. "Man, Katie Holmes is lucky."

"What?" Clark asks.

"She gets to kiss Joshua Jackson." I turn to him and he raises an eyebrow. "Oh, my God. Katie Holmes plays Joey and Joshua Jackson plays Pacey."

"Oh." He nods while looking at the tv.

"Are you seriously telling me that after three seasons in, you have no idea what's going on?"

"I didn't say that." He shakes his head. "Dawson's a dick. I like Jack and Jen. Andie's a cheater. Joey and Pacey are great together. Never said I wasn't paying attention."

"You aren't right now." I raise my eyebrows before turning back to the tv.

"You guys okay?" Martha opens the door.