062. truth gas

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

     Better Don't Do: I.N.G.

"I can't stand this indecision. Married with a lack of vision. Everybody wants to rule the. Say that you'll never, never, never, never need it!" I loudly sing as I play my guitar while sitting at a desk in the Torch with my feet resting on top of it. "One headline, why believe it? Everybody wants to rule the world. All for freedom and for pleasure. Nothing ever lasts forever. Everybody wants to rule the world." I fade out the chords.

"Whoo!" Chloe cheers, clapping with Miles and Pete.

"Man, I love that song." I exhale before grinning.

"I like that version better." Clark enters and we share a grin.

"Kent." I raise my eyebrows before looking back my guitar.

"Hey, Pete, are we still on for tonight?"

"Oh, yeah. I gotta drop some stuff off for my mom, but I should definitely be home in time for tip-off." Pete tells him.

"Another lovely evening huddled around the electronic hearth." Chloe comments.

"Yeah, and since Pete's supplying the big screen, I got dinner." Clark inquires.

"I'm sorry, I thought you said you got dinner." I shake my head and Miles snickers.

"Funny."

"Yeah, you cooking is funny." I nod and he sends me a playful glare.

"Clark Kent in the kitchen? What's on the menu?" Chloe wonders.

"Food poisoning." I remark, making Chloe, Pete and Miles chuckle.

"Shut up." Clark throws a crumbled piece of paper at me and I catch it with one hand.

"Doing that is physically impossible for me." I mock a grin.

"Clark's gonna run to Metropolis to get some Shark Dogs from the stadium." Pete informs and I share a quick look with Miles.

"What? Whoa, whoa, whoa. Back up. You mean to tell me that Clark is driving six hours to pick up a couple of hot dogs?" Chloe gapes.

"Well, when Clark goes supersonic, he can make the roundtrip in ten minutes."

"He's kidding. C'mon, Pete, let's get to class." Clark leads Pete out of the room.

                       •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Thank you." The girl says as I serve her food.

"Of course." I grin and laugh as I walk past Clark.