106. lexmas

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

           ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

     The Spirit of Christmas: Ray Charles

"There. She's perfect." Lana puts the angel on top of the Christmas tree as I send a text to Hayden while sitting on the couch.

"Yes, she is." Miles kisses her.

"It's usually just me and Nell at Christmas, with lots of tinsel and an artificial tree. Thank you, Miles. Thank you for saving me from another plastic store-bought holiday."

"You're welcome." He kisses her again before the door opens.

"Hi, guys." Martha enters with Jonathan and Clark.

"Hey, guys." Miles hugs Clark and his parents before I look back at my phone.

"Hey." Lee nudges me.

"Yeah?" I snap out of it.

"I know that look. That's my boyfriend is MIA look."

"He said he would be out of town for the holidays, I just never asked him where until now." I slip my phone into my pocket. "Hi, Martha." I get up and hug her.

"Brianna, you look lovely." Martha hugs me.

"So do you." I grin. "Hi, Jon." I hug him.

"Merry Christmas, Brianna." Jonathan tightly hugs me.

"You too." I pat his back before Jim, Harvey and my mom exchange hugs with Martha and Clark.

"Everyone accounted for?" Layton asks.

"Yeah." I merely nod before Clark's phone rings.

"Hi, Chloe." Clark answers his phone and Lee pulls me to the side.

"What?" I question.

"You didn't tell them?" Lee gapes.

"What?"

"They don't know you have a boyfriend, do they? Not even your mom?"

"We just started dating. And I don't feel the need to just share my business around with everyone. I have to be careful now. I don't want anybody hurting Hayden."

"I understand." Lee nods. "But if you ever wanna talk about-"

"Lee, please." I half whisper. "I don't have anything to talk about."

"So leaving the GCPD was just a spur of the moment decision? Or was it because of something else? Does your family even know?"

"Excuse me everyone, I'll be right back." I glare at Lee before I make my way upstairs.

I enter my room and I quietly close the door. I now unlock and open my window. I climb out before jumping off the roof. I land in crouched position before shoving my hands in my hoodie pockets. I now walk off.