003. hot head

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

           ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

   Clint Eastwood: Gorillaz

I shoot my eyes open and smash the top of my alarm clock as it goes off. I then look at the time and I slowly blink in frustration. I lift my head up and open my drawer. I pick up the tin of breath mints and open it, now staring at my joint.

"Get your fucking ass up!" Miles's voice booms from
outside and I jump.

I close the tin and toss it into the garbage. I grab a baseball off my desk and walk over to my window. I open it and chuck it as he turns to Chloe, Clark and Pete. I watch the baseball hit him harshly in the head and Chloe jumps, covering her mouth.

"Ow!" Miles holds his head.

"Shut the fuck up!" I turn.

"Then get down here!" He speaks into the megaphone and I grab my lamp, ripping it out of the wall. He laughs and I chuck the lamp out the window, watching it hit his stomach. "Ah, fuck!" He yelps and falls to his knees. "There goes your lamp!" He speaks back into the megaphone.

"It was worth it."

"I'm telling Officer West!" He groans. "Add assault and battery to your rap sheet!"

"Not what assault and battery is, jackass." I murmur as I head over to my bed.

                      •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Football: Sport or Abuse?" Miles wraps his arm around my neck as he reads the newspaper.

"Don't care enough to answer." I keep my eyes on my book as we head up the bleachers.

"Why is that not surprising?" I hear Clark say.

"I'd rather just adjust to your absence than get frustrated over your presence." I sit down before I turn and cross my legs from under me.

"So, what do you think?" Chloe wonders.

"I think you need to seriously decrease your cappuccino dependency." Clark replies, making Miles as Pete laugh.

"Pete thinks I'm being too hard on Coach Walt."

"The man coached my dad, all my brothers. He used to come over and watch the Super Bowl." Pete says.

"Now, while I'm touched by that Hallmark moment, you don't get points for subtlety in journalism. I've already started getting hate mail." Chloe informs.

"About time." I get up before heading down the bleachers, now making my way to the courtyard.

"Hey!" Miles now catches up with me. "You okay?"

"Fine. The sun was just bothering me over there." I tell him and he nods.

"You seem very happy about that. Why?" Clark asks from behind me.