076. luthor sex scandal expands!

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

     I Want More, Pt. 2: Faithless

"Lex." I enter his study.

"Brianna. I take it you saw my walk of shame on the news?" Lex questions.

"How are you holding up?" I pull my hood off my head.

"Not so great, actually. I trust you're here as a friend, not an agent."

"I'm your friend, Lex. You know that. Now tell me what happened."

"I met a girl at the opera. I took her to a hotel. I didn't kill her." Lex places his hands on my shoulders and I nod.

"Who is she?"

"I don't know."

"Wait, you slept with her, but you didn't know her name?" I raise my eyebrows.

"It's one of those nights that never happens. You meet somebody and you just get caught up in the moment. I'm guilty of that, but I'm not a murderer. It was my father. He's framing me." Lex inquires.

"Your father's in prison."

"You really think that matters? And aren't you supposed to be solving a big murder case?"

"Things are slow right now, I'm waiting to get called back in. So, Lex-"

"You don't wanna be involved in this, Brianna. Trust me. You have enough on your plate. I'll get the jet for your way back to work, give you some money too, for whatever you need."

"They can go a day without me. I'm gonna find out who's framing you, Lex." I turn and leave.

           •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Brianna, thank you for coming. It's good to see you." Lionel comes down the stairs and offers his hand before nodding in understanding as I reject it. "How's Lex? I've been trying to contact him since I heard, but he won't speak to me."

"He thinks you're trying to frame him. Are you?" I tilt my head up at him.

"No, Brianna."

"Why should I believe you?"

"There's no reason you should." Lionel rubs his face with his hands and sighs. "But you are known for your very accurate intuition. A very high profile agent."

"Not an agent yet."

"Even more impressive." He grins. "You went to Quantico for that FBI internship, if I recall."