083. krypto

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

   ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

  Give a Little Bit: The Goo Goo Dolls

"Thanks, Martha." I take the cup of tea from her as I sit at the table looking at the sketch of the man that allegedly killed Bruce's parents.

"How's your ear?" Jonathan sits next to me.

"I can't afford to think about it. If I do, it'll explode. No pun intended."

"So this guy, Ian, was ordered to steal explosives to just make them?"

"Yeah, welcome to Gotham." I sip some tea before setting the mug down. "Ian's not a bad guy, he's just sick. He needs help."

"Is he getting it?" Martha now sits down.

"Don't know. They moved him to Arkham."

"Arkham?" Jonathan pours ten milligrams of my medicine into a cup and hands it to me.

"An asylum for the criminally insane." I look back at the sketch before downing the medicine. "The kinda place maximum security prison can't compete with."

"Morning, sweetheart. Look who's here." Martha says and I look up, now locking eyes with Clark.

"Hey, Kent." I stand before he picks me up, making me chuckle. "Guess I missed you too." I hug him back and he squeezes me before setting me down.

"When did you get here?" Clark asks.

"Last night."

"Why didn't you wake me?"

"Cause it's your bed."

"And it's yours on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays. And it's Thursday today."

"I'll take your word for it." I hover my hand over my ear before wincing.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Clark places his hand on my shoulder.

"Just an ear infection. They gave me meds for it. Just took the antibiotic, but I'm fine." I tell him.

"Sit down." He leads me back over to the table and we sit down.

"It's physically impossible to put them in myself." I look at my bottle of ear drops.

"Lay flat." Clark grabs the bottle and I lay on the right side of my face.

"Four drops." I feel him put four drops into my infected ear. "Thanks." I tense up as a shiver runs up my spine.

"Put this on." He takes off his sweater and places it down on the table, leaving himself shirtless before he heads back upstairs.

"How long are the ear drops for?" Martha asks.

"Just a week. I'm okay." I assure.

"You saved Ian's life at what cost?" Jonathan sighs.

"It's not like I went deaf, Jon. It's just an ear infection. And the cost? Ian is alive and hopefully getting the help he needs."