022. chaos after the storm

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

             ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

  Start Again: One Republic, Logic

"I need help!" I carry Layton into the hospital with Darion beside me.

"We need a doctor here!" Darion hollers and I put her down on an empty gurney.

"I need help now!" I grab a hold of a doctor.

"What have we got?" The doctor shines a light into Layton's eyes. "Pupils are responsive. Respiration appears normal. Got a good pulse. She's gonna be alright. Can you tell me her name?"

"Layton. Layton Devore." Darion chokes out. "She's my wife." He cups Layton's head.

"Stay here. I'll find Miles and the others." I tell Darion with a heaving chest before running towards the exit doors.

"Miss, you don't look good yourself! You could have a concussion!" The doctor calls out and I make my way to the nearest payphone.

         •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

I bounce my leg as I stare at the desk with Clark's jacket tied around my waist. A tear then slips from the corner of my eye and I quickly wipe it.

"Brianna!" Miles bellows and I get up as he enters with Clark and Lana. "Where is she? Where is my mother?" He walks over to the desk with tears in his eyes.

"Name?" The nurse asks.

"Miles Devroe. My mother is Layton Devroe. And my father is Darion Devroe."

"Room 203 and 207." She replies and Miles runs down the hallway.

"I saw the storm through my window. What happened?" Lana places her hand on my shoulder before looking at my head.

"The storm got them, I don't..." I start to heavily pant before looking away.

"Brianna. Brianna. Hey, they're gonna be okay." Her hands now grip both of my shoulders. "Brianna, look at me." She shakes me. "They're gonna be alright."

"I gotta—I gotta call my mother. I gotta..." I sharply inhale before looking around. "And I don't have my phone because the storm ripped my car into a million fucking pieces!" I exit the hospital.

I stop once I'm far enough and an ache passes my chest. I hold it before placing my hands on my knees. I continue to heavily pant as tears roll down my cheeks. My knees start to feel weak and I let out a single cry before falling to them.

My shoulders hunch up and down before two hands take a hold of them. I sense him kneeling down in front of me before I grip the collar of his shirt. I lean my head into his chest and he wraps his arms around me. I let a sob, making him place his hand on the back of my head.