091. jerome valeska

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

     ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Sucker For Pain: Lil Wayne, Wiz Kalifa, Imagine Dragons, X Ambassadors, Logic, Ty Dolla Sign

I slowly open my eyes due to the smell of bacon. I furrow my eyebrows before turning on my side. I look around the bedroom before sitting up. I check the time on my phone that's on the nightstand and I pull the blanket off me. I then grab Jim's note and read it. I set it back down. A shiver now runs up my spine and I head over to the dresser.

I open the top drawer and grab a grey hoodie. I slip it over my shirt and take my hair out from the back. I put my phone in my pocket and head out of the bedroom. I make my way downstairs and I hear chattering. I furrow my eyebrows as I head downstairs. I make my way into the kitchen and I see Clark talking to himself as he stands by the stove.

"When the sizzling gets louder, you turn it over." I lean against the wall.

"Yeah. I knew that." Clark nods before turning the bacon over in the pan and I grin down.

"What are you attempting to do?"

"For your information, I think I'm doing just fine."

"Eh." I walk over and look at the bacon, eggs and hash browns cooking.

"I didn't hear a gag or see a grimace."

"Yet."

"Well, you're masking it well." He scoffs.

"Don't I know it." I punch his arm before grabbing the apple juice from the fridge.

"Jim and your mom went out a little while after I got up."

"Yeah, I figured. Jim always leaves a note." I grab two cups and pour some juice in it. "You're an idiot by the way."

"I'm gonna regret asking this, but, how so?"

"You're standing here." I lean against the counter and cross my arm under the other.

"How could I not be? There's so much to do here."

"Name three things."

"Arkham Bridge, field trip to the GCPD-"

"That you haven't already done." I scoff.

"I've never been to the Arkham Bridge."

"Okay, then. One more. And maybe, just maybe, I won't throw you out." I nod and he walks over to me.

"How could I ever forget?" Clark reaches his arm up to the cabinet above me. "The circus." He pulls the peppermint tea bag from the cabinet. "Still your favorite, right?"

"The circus is in ten hours and forty seven minutes, so, technically, that doesn't count." I sip my juice. "And yeah, it's still my favorite. Up until now, so, we'll see." I nod before walking past him.