015. nicodemus

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

      ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

   The Night We Met: Lord Huron

"Okay, here we go. Low fat, whole wheat blueberry pancakes." I hold up a plate.

"Are there twelve?" Eddie questions.

"Twelve what?"

"Blueberries. I can only have twelve blueberries for breakfast."

"Or what?"

"What do you mean, or what?"

"What happens if you eat thirteen blueberries?"

"Well, this is a silly conversation."

"Would you die?"

"Just hand me the plate."

"Only if you don't count."

"I won't count."

"Swear. Raise your right hand and say, may Destiny's Child break up if I count these blueberries." I nod.

"Pick another group." Eddie tells me.

"Nope." I slide the plate over to him with a mocking grin and Clark enters. "My day just gets better and better."

"What's that's saying about the customer is always right?" Clark sits at the counter and picks up a menu.

"You are far from a customer, and the day that you're right about something is the day I jump into oncoming traffic."

"Promise?" He smiles up at me.

"It'll get me away from you for all of eternity." I smile back before titling my head. "Don't bother ordering. You're eating whatever I bring out." I head to the kitchen.

                  •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Brianna." Chloe stops me as I walk down the hallway.

"Hello, Chloe, nice to see you too. What's up?" I turn with Clark and Lana next to her.

"Principal Kwan suggested this. So what's your deepest desire?" She holds up her clipboard. "Now, every answer I've gotten so far has been either sex or violence-related."

"Well, that's human nature, Chloe."

"Is your answer sex or violence related?"

"No. I don't have a deep desire." I shake my head.

"Of course she doesn't. She's already done it. Over and over again." A jock walks past us with his two friends.

"Why don't you shut up?" Lana calls out.