Chapter 6

"Chain spells are about the fluid movement of energy from witch to witch....."He pauses "Where's Penelope Park?" We're all sat in a circle hands connected Im in between Josie and Hope hands intertwined.

I'm trying to ignore Hope at the moment but it's hard when your same species and in every lesson together and share a dorm. Im not angry at her but I just disappointed that she kept that big of a secret.

"Um, lady cramps, Mr. Williams" Lizzie answers

"Sorry I asked...A disharmonious group
makes for an uneven flow" students start giggling apart from me and Hope at the statement.

He's about to continue but then a magical note flies into the room "Lizzie Saltzman, Josie Saltzman, Ava Williams and baby makes four off you go to library"

                        « « « « « « « « «

"This makes no sense, Dad Why are we being punished?"Lizzie exclaims

Of course I know what I did it seems Alaric didn't like me and Hope doing black magic I tune out Lizzies rambling. I feel eyes on me the whole time I know it's Hope but I refuse to look her way she needs to know that her secret hurt me.

"Can I at least offer a rebuttal in my defense?" Lizzie takes a breath and at that I know bunch of rubbish is about to come out of her month.

"If it pleases the court?" Alaric sighs and Lizzie continues

"First of all, I was provoked my response was totally proportional considering the levels of abuse that I was forced to endure and secondly...if anyone should
take the blame, it's Josie"

"What?"Joise says in shock "I'm sorry I totally cracked under cross, but if you had just let Kaleb catch the ball..."

"You'd still be in trouble" I smirk

"But nice job throwing your sister under the bus"

"Thank you, Hope" joise smiles at her and Lizzie shocked she just fraternise with the supposed enemy.

"Speaking of, the bus leaves in ten minutes, and I expect all four of you to be on it,working together today, harmoniously and without drama End of debate"

"I wasn't even at the game Why am I being punished?" Hope defends herself but me and Alaric know why

"You know what you did All right, now, go, all of you"

"So, what did you do? My dad never gets mad at you you're the prodigal daughter must have been juicy." Lizzie asks Hope as we all step of the bus.

"Sorry, no time for girl talk public service awaits" Hope walks away from Lizzie and stands opposite her.

"All right, listen up it's a beautiful day you got options: litter, weeds, graffiti your choice" Dorian tells us and I'm not really interested in any of it but this seems like a perfect time to try and sneak a snack.

Dorian passes the litter picker to kaleb "It's bad enough we get punished while the humans get a pass, but there ain't no way in hell I'm picking up their garbage" he passes it to Lizzie who grimaces "Uh, I don't do trash either" she holds it out "I love trash, as of this moment" Hope snatches the picker from her.

"Perf. It suits you" she fake smiles at Hope "Looks like we're scrubbing paint today" she directs her attention towards Josie

"Dad told us to work together, okay, harmoniously"

"Yeah, and he also said without drama, and I am feeling a rage attack coming on, so I will be remaining drama-free over by that wall of graffiti are you coming or not?"