Chapter 20: Endlessly

By the end of the night, everyone was drunk off their asses and laughter filled our home, yet so did tears. We listened as the boys reminisced on the start of One Direction until now. They talked about the upcoming album, and they told us about the hiatus they would be taking.

At some point my parents excused themselves to go to bed, and I did the same shortly after. I hugged all the boys good night, even Louis. As I did, he whispered "I'm sorry in my ear" and I simply nodded. There was just nothing else to say on the situation.

I went straight to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face, opting to changing into my pjs after. As I stood brushing my teeth, I saw Harry walk in from the reflection in the mirror. I smiled softly at him, and he popped up on the counter, sitting there as I brushed my teeth.

When I finished brushing my teeth and my skincare routine, I walked over in front of him, moving to stand in the place between his legs. He wore a long sleeve thermal, with all the top buttons undone, and I ran my finger softly down his bare chest.

"Hi," I said softly, peeking up at him, and he smiled taking a deep breath.

"Hi." He said back, running both hands through my hair softly.

"Stay with me tonight?" I whispered, and he raised a small eyebrow.

"Niall?"

"He'll be just fine. Plus, I just want to be held by you. Nothing more." I whispered as he leaned down and kissed my forehead, before resting his on mine.

"Okay," we both took a deep breath, and I leaned up, kissing him softly.

I changed into comfy pjs and soon Harry was in my room, changed for bed. He slipped under the covers with me, and I laid my head on his chest. I closed my eyes and just relaxed as he caressed me softly as he held me.

"Niall said it's fine. You and me." I whispered softly.

"Really?"

"Really." I turned and kissed his chest softly. I peeked up at him and he bit his lip.

"I love you endlessly, Macie."

"I love you endlessly Harry."

THREE YEARS LATER

I quickly threw on my white vans and grabbed a light cardigan as it was still warm outside. I ran past my roommates in the living room.

"I'm so late! I'll see you all later tonight, don't forget tickets are at will call!" I called out to them as I grabbed my crossbody and keys.

I rode the elevator down, stopping at the front desk, "Michaeeeeel."

Our receptionist popped his head up and smiled at me, "Miss Horan, you look lovely as always, how can I help you?"

I slid a white envelope at him and smiled big, "Hurry, hurry open it, I'm already running late!"

"So is everyone in New York City." He winked as he opened the envelope.

"Well there goes me trying to be different." I giggled and I felt so much joy as he looked at the two floor tickets then back up at me.

"Macie....you didn't have to—I wanted to, plus, your daughters deserve to know they have the best dad ever. I would have gotten three but I know you work late, so, I hope this is fine."

"Macie, this is more than fine. Thank you so much, and thank him for me as well."

I nodded smiling big, "Okay, I really should go now. Bye!"

I quickly ran out the door and to the nearest subway, heading towards 34th St-Penn Station. The subway was already starting to be filled with people I knew were heading to the concert and it made me feel even more anxious. I took a deep breath, watching the stops on the monitor above, as I saw mine approaching, I got up and stood by the doors.

I exited the station and made my way to the back entrance of Madison Square Garden. The security was about to send me back around when I showed him my pass and he nodded letting me in. I followed the directions that had been texted to me and eventually made it to the correct room.

I knocked softly, and I heard his voice calling me in. I opened the door and stood in the doorway. He was fiddling with his hair at the vanity and I couldn't help but giggle. No matter what he did, it was always going to be a mess.

"Excuse, I'm looking for my pop star boyfriend, about this tall, kinda attractive."

He turned and looked at me, and mouthed the words "wow".

"How do you just get more beautiful? I didn't even think that was possible?" He smiled as he got up.

I walked over closing the door behind me, and when we were in front of each other I quickly hugged him tightly.

"God, I missed you, Harry." I said into his chest and he kissed the top of my head.

"I missed you too baby, so much."

I pulled away looking up at him and kissing him deeply. He pulled me hard against him, and every day we had been apart felt worth it in this moment. His solo album did amazing. He continued to make a name for himself past One Direction and I was so proud of him.

Just last year he had performed at Radio City and now he was back at Madison Square Garden and I couldn't believe the craziness of these past years, and how we got here.

I wish I could say, that Harry and I lasted forever, but with conflicting schedules, and completely different career paths, we eventually went out separate ways.

I began teaching at NYU and he continued making a name for himself. Every time he toured, and came to perform in New York, I had as invited to watch the concert. I went every time. I watched him in the media always. I supported him in every way possible. Eventually our communication became less and less.

But I always loved him.

Endlessly.

THE END

Edit; NEW BOOK CHROMA IS UP 12/1/22