Chapter 11: One Day

Macie's POV

After the boys concerts in Amsterdam, we made our way back to London for the day before heading out to Manchester. They had three concerts back to back here, and out of the three Zayn only performed in one. The tension was so high these days. I hated it, but I knew the boys hated it even more.

I knocked on the door between Harry and I's linked rooms, after I was sure Niall had left. He opened the door letting me in and he looked defeated. I instantly wrapped my arms around him, and he hugged me back tightly. Letting out a deep sigh.

"I'm drained Mace." He whispered.

"We don't have to talk, I just wanted to sleep with you." I whispered back, kissing his chest softly.

He let me go, and took my hand in his, leading me to the bed, I curled up against him and peeked my eyes up at him.

He smiled softly at me, kissing my forehead, "I would be falling apart if it wasn't for you, you know that?" He whispered and I couldn't help but blush.

"I'll keep you together. I promise," I smiled small, "Have you talked to him?"

"I tried, he always says, not now." He said softly and I nodded.

I ran quickly down the hotel hallway, I was determined. Zayn wouldn't miss a third show, not today. I knocked quickly on his door, no one answering.

"Zayn! I know you're in there. Please talk to me. I'm not the boys. I'll listen, I won't question you, please just talk to me."

I was about to knock again when he opened the door letting me in. I walked in his room and sat on the bed cross legged, he chose to sit on the floor, leaning on the dresser across from me.

"Zayn, what's going on? What's on your mind?" I said softly.

"A lot. A lot, Mace. I...." He looked down shaking his head and I bit my lip.

"Zayn, you can't bail out tonight. Last show in the UK for now before the states, you have fans who have waited a whole year for this moment." I said softly.

"I just am tired of pretending I'm okay." He said peeking his eyes up at me, tears in them. I moved quickly in front of him, and placed my hand on his leg.

"You don't have to pretend. You can go out there and sing with a flat face on, looking smug and everything, and they'll just say you are broody and mysterious." I whispered and I was relieved when he chuckled.

He was quiet for a moment, searching my eyes, "For you, Mace. I'll do it." He smiled small.

"I promise the boys will leave you alone. I'll talk to Niall."

"You'll probably have better luck with Harry." He said, a small smile playing in his lips.

My eyes widened and I raised an eyebrow at him, "What you mean?"

"Macie, there is a reason why I notice when the boys are having a bad day and Niall doesn't. There is a reason why Niall is always surprised when things happen, he goes through life oblivious. I, observe everything, because I want to protect myself. That also means I notice the things people think I don't. Like how your cheeks turn slightly pink anytime Harry walks in a room. Like how you two always linger back, just enough. How anytime Lou is anywhere near you, Hazza looks as if he might punch something."

"Zayn...no it's not that, it's just he's my best— Macie, I'm not going to say anything. You deserve to be happy, and so does Haz. He's literally cleaned up his act in what, two months now? Three almost? You are good for him. I'm not going to say anything, just be ready, cause Niall will be pissed. Lou too. But don't stop being happy Mace, it's a waste of time to put things on the back burner. That's why I'm here, too much wasted time, not enough speaking up."