Chapter 16: Macie's Grand New York Adventure

Macie's POV

I finished getting ready and sat on the edge of my bed slipping on my shoes and tying them up. Harry, who had been waiting on my bed for me, crawled over and kissed my shoulder softly.

"So I have a small surprise," he said and I turned my body so I could face him.

"And what is that?" I raised a small eyebrow, a small smile playing on my lips. He moved back to where he had been sitting and grabbed a small booklet on top of the bedside table. He moved back over to me and handed it to me.

"Surprise." He smiled big, almost as if proud of himself and when I looked down at the booklet I instantly understood why.

"Macie's Grand New York Adventure"

The cover read and I smiled, opening it. When I did, I saw written down in a timely manner, everything I had told him I would do if I were able to come here. An hour from now it started and went into late in the night to ensure we did as much as I had told him.

"Hazza, this is," I looked up at him and I bit my lip, tearing up a bit. I placed it to the side and quickly leaned up hugging him, "Thank you Harry. I'm so excited."

He held me close, before pulling away to kiss me deeply. He pulled away and placed his forehead to mine, "I hope you're ready. We have a long day ahead of us. Almost no breaks."

"I'm ready, so ready. Let's go, get an early start, to make the most of it. I also need more film."

"Alright, let's go then!"

After we bought more film for my camera and grabbed coffee we made our way to the first stop, a small Jewish deli to get bagels because I heard they were the best.

Then we walked over to the Met where he took a picture of me on the steps like in Gossip Girl. We went inside and admired the art. He kept whispering in my ear every time he thought a piece of art looked sexual or like a body part causing me to swat at him every time, stifling a giggle or two.

From there we went to the Alice and Wonderland statue in Central Park.

"You know, you are like the Cheshire Cat with that smile of yours." I teased and he shrugged.

"What can I say, just a little conniving, just a little charming." I couldn't help but laugh and soon he joined in. He walked over and tucked my hair behind my ear, take a quick look around before kissing my forehead.

Normally, I would fight him on it, but I was enjoying today too much for that. I smiled up at him, "So what's next, shall we see?"

I opened up the booklet and saw a snack break, "Hmm, does a hot dog count as a snack?" I giggled and he nodded.

"It can be whatever you want to to be baby."

"Then hot dog for a snack it is!"

We chuckled walking off to find the nearest hot dog stand. The day went by so perfectly, the library, Serendipity, Times Square, the Chelsea Market, the high line and so much more.

It was close to 8pm and we were running to make it to our Broadway show on time.

"Go, go Haz! At least one of us has to make it to hold the doors!" I yelled out and he nodded getting ahead of me. He pulled up to the New Amsterdam theatre and I joined him soon after. We were both a bit out of breath but made it right on time.

He had decided on Aladdin and I didn't mind, it was one of my favorite movies when I was younger and couldn't wait to watch it.