Chapter 18: Hiatus

I landed in London three days ago, and I hadn't shifted from my bed. I hadn't moved, I didn't feel a reason too. I heard my door creak open, and instead of just asking if I was okay and leaving I heard my mum walked in. She lifted my head as she sat on my bed so it was in her lap, running her fingers through her hair.

I instantly started crying, turning to her and clinging on tight, "I love him, mummy. I really love him."

"I know sweetie, I've known. Niall, he'll come around, he knows Harry is a good boy. He'll come around."

I shook my head and sat up, turning to look at her, "He won't. He won't."

Sadness filled my moms eyes and she pulled me in hugging me tightly, "Just have faith dear, just have faith."

A couple weeks passed, and I got a letter from NYU in the mail, that my mom placed gently on my lap.

"I didn't mean to open it dear, but can we talk about this." She said sitting on my bed. I sat up and bit my lip, shrugging my shoulders.

"It doesn't matter. I'm not going. We can't afford it, and Niall isn't going to help anymore." I bit back the tears, refusing to let them fall. I refused to hurt over this.

"Sweetie, that letter is confirming they got your payment." She said softly and I felt my eyes widen.

"What?" I said grabbing it quickly and opening it. I read it over and my first entire year had been paid, "But, who?"

I looked up at my mom and she shrugged, "I can ask Niall—No, I'll call the school."

I looked up at her and swallowed, "I didn't think you and dad would support me in this one. I didn't think you would let me go. So I just took matter into my own hands."

"As it should be Macie. Your father and I only shelter you, because well, Niall's gone all the time. You're all I got here. I just love you."

"Mum, I love you too, and you'll always have me. I'll never not be here. We can FaceTime and text all the time. I'll always send pictures." I took a deep breath, "But especially with what happened on tour, I need to get away."

"I know sweetie, I know."

Harry's POV

"What do you mean he's left the band?" I heard Niall say to the tour manager as my I bit my lip in anger. It was still sore from Niall's punch but I didn't care.

"He will be making his announcement later this week, but he doesn't wish to be a part of the band for his mental health anymore."

"He didn't even bother discussing with us?" Liam exclaimed.

"Guys, I am sorry, but he has been missing shows. He didn't do any of the New York ones, we had to know it was happening?" I heard the tour managers said, and I pushed up off the couch pacing around.

"So what does that mean for us?" I said, running my hands through my hair.

"Well you all have the next album planned, we will still roll that out, but you don't have to tour it if you don't want to, we will figure it out."

I shook my head and got a moment Niall and I locked eyes. It was the first time we had looked at each other since Macie left. I knew he felt the need to make the decision like I did as well. We both knew Louis and Liam wouldn't know what to do.

"Let's just get the album out." Niall said and I gave him a small nod before turning to the tour manager.

"We will finish off this tour without him and then see about the next one. We don't have to make decisions today."