Chapter 12: LA Times

We landed in LA and just like Harry said, the paparazzi were everywhere. Niall and Harry built a small wall around me as we walked out quickly to the car waiting for us outside. Thankfully the assistants were grabbing our bags so we didn't have to deal with that.

Harry, Niall and I got in a car, the boys getting in another. We quickly sat down and put on our seat belts, me in the middle of both of them, "You didn't lie Haz, it's insane."

"I know. No privacy ever." He said softly looking out the window as we began driving off. I knew he was worried about being in the states and how it would affect the two of us spending time together. I laid my hand in the space between us, softly running my pinky along his leg. The only way I could think to comfort him right now. He turned and looked at me, pressing his lips together into a small smile.

"Well thankfully no one knows Hazza bought a house out here. It'll give us peace for at least the week we are here." Niall said, and I turned my attention to him nodding. I was relieved we weren't staying in a hotel with all the boys. Being just the three of us would be nice. It had been a while since that, and I missed those moments.

I was worried though, about not being able to have alone time with Harry at night. I would miss sleeping with him more than anything. I know us, and deep down I know we would find a way, but it would be hard.

I was also worried about Zayn staying in a hotel by himself. I was worried he would skip more shows, because it would be easier for him to disappear. I was worried he wouldn't show up to rehearsal today. A lot of things worried me about that situation.

We walked into Harry's house and it was very him. A record player near a wall filled with vinyls. Brown leather couches, with mixed print blankets. Mixed matched lamps on the table. A vintage looking coffee table with stained cups rings, that seemed to just be perfection it.

"Harry, this is so....you." I giggled unable to find the words, as he stood next to me.

"Thanks. I really like it. I haven't gotten to enjoy it much since being on tour." He smiled at me.

"I call the room down the hall," Niall called out, "Mace, enjoy hearing Harry's snore through the walls." He smirked making his way to the single room at the end of the hall.

"Wait, that's not fair? What if I wanted that room? What's special about it?"

"Privacy." Niall called out as he walked in it and I rolled my eyes.

"So I'm getting the couch? Is what I'm guessing that means?" I said to Harry.

He shook his head, "No, you get the guest room, right next to mine." A small smirk played on his lips and I felt myself blush.

"Oh. Okay." I bit my lip and we both laughed a bit. It was that guilty feeling of Niall not knowing perfectly layered with the refreshing feeling of Niall's lack of knowledge.

"Come on, I'll show you where your bags will be staying." He said lowly and I rolled my eyes following him up the stairs.

Later than evening there was a small knock on the door and Niall peeked his head in.

"Hey Ni." I smiled as I finished separating some clothes I wanted to wash while we were here.

"Hey, wanna FaceTime mum?" he said sitting on my bed against the head board and I nodded, joining him.

He clicked to this favorites and dialed her phone, she teared up the moment she popped up on the screen.

"Oh mummy, don't cry! I miss you dearly." I smiled at her, feeling myself wanting to cry. I missed her so much.

"My sweets! The house is so quiet, never realized how loud your dad snored until these past weeks." She said and we all laughed knowing this was a lie. My dad's snores were loud, but also weirdly comforting. It was a steadfast sign we were home.