Chapter 1: Eighteen

I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling, it was my eighteenth birthday but it didn't feel like it. Things had been weird since that night at the bar, and for the most part I had kept to myself.

Niall and Harry were out almost every night, not returning until late into the next morning. Harry wouldn't ignore me exactly, but our conversations carried a tension that you wasn't there before, and I was completely convinced he regretted that night.

Tonight would be the first night we would all be going out again, Niall insisting he needed to be present for my first legal purchase before they left for tour the next night. I was nervous to be in that environment again, but I figured I would be going home early anyways after they found a group of girls to fawn over.

I got up and slipped on my thick socks before making my way out of my room and downstairs. As I made my way down I heard multiple voices laughing and bickering with each other. I raised an eyebrow as I reached the bottom of the steps, turning into the living room to see all the boys, Louis, Liam, Zayn, Harry and Niall all gathered around our kitchen table.

"Oh lord." I heard myself say out loud and soon all the boys turned to face me.

"Birthday girl!" Louis called out, being the first to get up and run over to me, lifting me and spinning me around as the others followed. They all hugged me and I wished I had brushed my teeth before heading downstairs.

"Thanks guys." I said as I hugged Niall, then Harry quickly.

"Sooo, we have a surprise for you!" Louis said energetically, Liam elbowing him, "What?"

"It's Niall's sister mate, at least let him tell her." Liam glared at Louis.

Niall rolled his eyes and laughed, "It's fine, go on then Louis, tell her."

"You're coming on tour with us!" He exclaimed and I felt my eyes widen.

"Wait, what?"

"Well, mum was complaining about you taking the year off before uni, and I know you don't have anything planned, so we figured, you can come on tour with us. See how a tour runs, maybe you'll like it. Get a job in it." Niall explained.

"And mum said yes?" I said, still stunned.

"Why else would we be tellin' ya!"

I took a moment to process, and I couldn't deny, this sounded like the absolute best time. I loved all the boys, but I couldn't help it as my gaze wandered to Harry, who was staring out the living room window, not really paying much attention to the conversation. I took a deep breath and looked back at Niall, "Well, I'm excited!"

Louis clapped and Zayn rolled his eyes, "I swear Louis hasn't shut up about it since Niall brought it up."

"Yeah, he needs to watch his excitement right, mate?" Niall said sternly and Louis turned red.

"Hey, I just know she'll enjoy it, that's all." He put his hands up in defense.

"I will, thanks Louis. Wait so we leave tomorrow? Oh my gosh I have so much to do! I need to go shopping...why did you barely tell me!" I said to Niall all of a sudden extremely stressed.

"Who told you to be born today?" Niall said and I rolled my eyes, "Don't worry, we will go out and get ya everything you need after breakfast."

He pulled me in for a hug and I hugged him tight, "Thanks Niall, best big brother, for today at least." I laughed and he rubbed my head hard messing up my hair.

Breakfast was, hectic, as it always was when all the guys were over. Fights over pieces of bacon, who got the extra pancake and where the syrup was going at the table. I couldn't help but smile at them though. I enjoyed being blessed with four additional brothers. Or well three, I couldn't think of Harry as a brother anymore. It was just, strange.