Chapter 7: Sick Time

Harry's POV

We laid on her floor near the fire place, each of us mimicking Niall earlier when Mrs. Horan suggested he was a player.

"Mum, I'm not, I'm just not ready for commitment." I said.

"Mummy, please. I'm just a wee lad." She said in a deep voice.

Macie rolled over laughing, holding her stomach. Her laugh had become like my favorite song, that I wanted to keep on replay.

"Macie, Harry dinners ready!" Her mum called from the kitchen.

Macie took a deep breath, "Coming mum." She got her last giggles out and I quickly started standing up to help her up. I held my hands out to her, and when she took them, I pulled her up. She ended up standing so close to me, our eyes locking. We lingered there for a moment, and I wondered if she felt it too. The recent shift in the environment around us, the way the more we spent time together, the more a magnetic force grew between us.

"We should..." she start, slowly pulling her hands away, which I hadn't even realized I was still holding.

"Yeah...let's." I smiled and we both turned and made our way into the dining room.

Niall made his way into my room, "Mate, Lou is getting on my nerves. I can't deal with him constantly going after Mace. And then Zayn. I just, this tour isn't starting off fun for me."

He sat on the chair near the window and I nodded sitting on the bed, "I think we've all known he's always liked her, he's just gotten brave recently. And as for Zayn...I don't know. Maybe, we need a night out. Some bonding, reminding him, like why the band is great. Why we love doing this."

"Yeah, we get to Amsterdam, then have a couple days off, we should do it there. Full on debauchery!" Niall wiggled his eyebrows at me and I laughed.

"Not too much, and you can't forget we have Mace." I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Mmm, right. I think I'll ask her to stay back one night, so it can be just us boys. But no bailing Haz! You don't need to go home with anyone, or bring anyone home, just hang with the boys."

I laughed, "Okay, okay. Deal!"

Niall and I walked out of my room together deciding to bug Macie. We knocked on her door a few times over until she finally answered and she looked a mess. Her hair was a giant fluff of curls, her eyes and nose were red and she looked like she hadn't slept in ages. I wanted nothing more than to hug her, but had to resist.

"Bloody hell what happened to you?" Niall said wide eyed and she pouted, almost looking like tears were going to appear.

"I feel like bloody hell is what happened." She sniffled and rubbed her nose with the back of her hand.

I reached over and placed the back of my hand on her forehead, "Mace, you're burning up. Have you taken meds?" I asked, concern filling me.

She shook her head and sniffled, coughing a bit.

"You can't be on the bus like this, we gotta get you better by tomorrow night." Niall said.

I nodded and couldn't help when I brushed her hair behind her ear. All three of us froze a bit, and quickly I added, "She's all sweaty, we gotta cool her down."

"Alright, I'll run to the store. Can you stay with her, just don't get too close obviously. We don't need you sick too." Niall said to me and I nodded.

He quickly turned and walked away, Macie and I walking into her room. Once the door closed, I quickly hugged her, "You'll be okay. Alright love?"