Chapter 8: Electric Current

Macie's POV

I helped my mum bring all the food to the table. She had made her famous meat pies and dad had bought a specialty beer he had been dying for us to try.

"Everything smells so delicious mum, I'm starved." I smiled at her.

"Thank you sweetie. So,...you and Harry seem to be getting along quite proper."

My eyes widened a bit and I had to quickly walk away to avoid her seeing my cheeks flush, "What do you mean? We've always gotten along mum. He's like my best mate basically."

I grabbed the plates and silverware taking a deep breath before turning to face her, "I don't know, just seems different. Yous both been spending more time than usual together. He always hangs back."

"Mum, that's Niall's best mate. He's just over the hook up scene is all. It's hard to avoid it with Niall." I said placing the plates at the table.

"Alright Mace, I'll drop it, you are probably right, but I'm glad you both are close. It's nice, the three of yous always doing things." She smiled at me and I bit my lip nodding.

I smoothed out my curls with a flat iron, adding just a small amount at the ends of my hair. I was wearing my favorite white dress, finishing it off with a black ribbon in my hair. I bit my lip, butterflies having escaped my stomach again, fluttering everywhere. It was my first official date with Harry, without having to watch our backs. I was beyond nervous.

A knock came from my door and I unplugged my straightener knowing it was probably Harry. I grabbed my brown coat and purse from the closet , slipping my camera in and made my way over to the door.

When I answered Harry stood there, looking handsome as ever. He was dressed in all black, and a sad attempt at taming his hair. He smiled big at me and bit his lip, "You look wonderful, Macie."

"Thank you, Harry. You do too." I felt my cheeks flush, and he looked up and down the hall before kissing my forehead.

"Shall we?" He said offering me his arm and I smiled big nodding, linking my hand around the bend of his elbow.

Harry picked a cute little restaurant that was dimly lit by candles. He had requested a table in the back corner so that we could have the most privacy. I watched as he fidgeted with the menu biting his lip. I reached over and placed my hand on his, squeezing it softly.

He peeked up at me and let out the breath he had obviously been holding.

"Hey. It's just you and me, like always." I smiled assuring him and he smiled back, his dimples ever so present.

"I know. You just, truly look so beautiful tonight, and I just want everything to be perfect."

"It's already perfect, and we don't even have our food yet!" I laughed and he did too.

"Very well then. Let's figure out what we are going to eat." He smiled.

We each decided on a steak with veggies and a nice IPA beer. It smelled delicious and I was glad by the time our food came around he was more relaxed.

"So, I uh, need to run something past you. Tomorrow night after we get in to Amsterdam, the boys want to have a night out to cheer Zayn up. Cause you know, he's been a bit down. And I know Niall is going to talk to you about staying back, but I just, I wanted to let you know first. I'm not planning on drinking, I want to be good. For you. I'm serious about being only about you, but Zayn's also my mate, so I want to be there."